Movies on my NC?

slowandsteady

Jan 18, 2011
How do I get movies on my NC? What do I have to do to either download them directly or move them from my computer to my NC? What format, programs, players, rippers shrinkers will I need?

Specific instructions would be very helpful if anyone has them written up already or a link to same...I am new to the Android platform but "comfortable" around computers and their machinations...

Thanks in advance,
-Matt-

padlz

Jan 19, 2011
I've been using videora with success. I actually started using this many years ago to convert my dvd's to an ipod compatible format and luckily these movies work on the NC too. There are probably newer and better ways, but this works for me because every movie I convert will work on my NC and my iPod. You can find detailed instructions at:

DVD to iPod Video Converter Guide

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
The basic process is this:
  1. The movie is on your pc in whatever format (avi, dvd, mkv, mov, mpeg).
  2. You will very likely have to convert it for optimal playback on your nook (see this thread for details on one such tool - Handbrake).
  3. Connect your nook to the PC via USB and drag the converted .mp4 files to a folder on your nook (somewhere in "My Files" on either the sd card or the nook's built in flash - both of which will open in explorer upon connection).
  4. Open them in gallery, or a 3rd party movie player (rockplayer for example)

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wow, my how-to is getting airtime! :) We probably need a thread for beginners for ripping/converting, but an all-in-one program is a great solution.

-Matt