Movies/Video gallery -- weird thing happens.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
Is it just my Kyros or are you guys also having issues when saving video files to your SDcard and viewing them on the Gallery? When I save a movie to the SDcard in the Movies' folder and try to view it on the Gallery, I automatically get a "Videos" folder and a "Movie" folder, and they both contain the same files.

So, for some reason the Kyros is automatically generating two folders for the movies in the gallery. I tried deleting one or the other but it won't let me delete either folder. Anybody else having this issue?

the toninator

Jan 24, 2011
Is it just my Kyros or are you guys also having issues when saving video files to your SDcard and viewing them on the Gallery? When I save a movie to the SDcard in the Movies' folder and try to view it on the Gallery, I automatically get a "Videos" folder and a "Movie" folder, and they both contain the same files.

So, for some reason the Kyros is automatically generating two folders for the movies in the gallery. I tried deleting one or the other but it won't let me delete either folder. Anybody else having this issue?
I get the same thing AND the names of the video's are not displayed.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
It's an aspect of the gallery app... it's bring up individual folders both for a content type and a folder for the "movie" folder you created.... you can make another folder called "flix", for example, and put another video file in it and it with then have 3 folder on the screen. One called "videos" that has all video content.. then one each that has the other folders names and the individual video files they contain. I know at first it seems odd to do so but once you start loading differnt content down loaders and they each need their own source folder for content you'll be glad that it will compile them all to one spot... plus then you'll be able to manage each folder individually handy if you're using a youtube downloader and just want to watch the vidoe once or twice but don't wanna hunt through your other content to get rid of it... hope this helps.... :)

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
It kinda makes sense but I still don't like it... I guess it is what it is.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I wish I knew lol.
You can press and hold on the file and it will display the info, but it would be better if it actually gave you the name on the screen.