Movies

cherylbw

Aug 23, 2011
Not new to android sys but just got sumsung tab 10.1. Have been trying to get movies on it and keep getting error message saying not fomartamted for this. Whats up? How do I fix this?
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Cheryl, welcome to the forum. I've moved your question to the Samsung Galaxy Tab section where the folks familiar with your tablet can be found. Hopefully, someone there will be able to answer your question.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
can you clarify how you are trying to get movies in (copy and paste from explorer, clicking on a movie file on your tablet, clicking on a movie link on a website) and what type of movies these are

based on the sparse description, the only thing i can surmise is that you are trying to play a video and it is telling you the format is not supported. If so this usually means you are missing a codec that enables playback. Try downloading Mobo Player or MX Video player and thier respective codec packs -

Not new to android sys but just got sumsung tab 10.1. Have been trying to get movies on it and keep getting error message saying not fomartamted for this. Whats up? How do I fix this?

cherylbw

Aug 23, 2011
I have tried from cnet u-verse ( which i am a customer and get on android phone ) hulu ( which i know know is not on android yet ) and other apps.
If there are others please let me know. I have the infuse phone and get hbogo on that but it is not avail on tab. I am still a baby on puters.
Thank for changing this i will move to that sight also.

cherylbw

Aug 23, 2011
Thank you i will try it. Right now i will try anything ( football season ).

cherylbw

Aug 23, 2011
Thank you so much. Mobo player worked! I need to get the dummies book. It was that obvious. I am sure to be back.