Moving Apps To SD Card - How?

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
I have the SYNET7LP (which now says it's the other tablet now that I used the beta4.ius installation), and I have been trying to figure out how to move apps to the SD card. I can't seem to find directions or an app that changes settings to allow it. I got "Move To SD", and it works to set up settings, but even with the USB Debug checked (using an app), and even with everything set up as requested, the apps still will not move.

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
I have tried App2SD, and the pro version since I own them. I tried Move Apps 2 SD, and I also attempted using others. Is there another way and what would be a reason these won't work? I've even used Titanium Backup Pro to try to move apps. They simply will not go...perhaps it's just something simple in the beta4?

Also, Titanium Backup Pro gave an error when it starts. It states "BusyBox works, but the SU command does not elevate to Root, Whoami reports. Whoami: applet not found. Instead of root/uid 0. I think your "superuser Whitelist" system app does not work. Please check with your ROM provider. I have fixed the error by installing BusyBox.

Doesn't anyone have any tips for moving the apps to SD with this tablet, other than using an app from the market? I've tried every one I know of. I was able to get Market working just fine.

I have been unable to move apps to the SD card, which is not locked, with the original OS which it arrived with, beta3, beta4, beta5 or beta5_1.

I've installed all the available apps, rooted it, etc.

Instead of laughing at my question, please understand ... I am new to android and tablets. I have been able to use the ADB, terminal...etc...and am able to get market and other apps working just fine, but not to get the apps to move to the SD card, so I'd really appreciate some advice.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Last edited:

leighw101

Aug 13, 2011
I found a similar problem and it looks like because the internal flash is partitioned to give 1gb on /mnt/sdcard it doesn't recognize the actual sdcard in app2sd.
I'm sure with a bit of work it can be altered but I'm trying to get my locale sorted in the new version of the market first so I can get all the apps listed rather than having things like Dolphin browser available on my phone but not on my tablet.
Market enabler fails to work so I'm guessing the permission problem is the same one you're experiencing.
Will post back some info if I can crack it!

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Thankyou for that and I will check back periodically.

I was able to get Market working using the enabler. The method was simple for me, however it is working with the "finger hold" rather than choosing the option you want.

First screen, I saved the numbers and then went to the second screen and chose to use HTC, by holding my finger down on it until a second menu pops up, and I then chose the option and it wrote the file to the drive. Then, I went to the third screen and told it to emulate those #s. Closed the app...went to Market and it works fine.

I have used it on both my tablets, the X and the L, without fail. It was very simple, and I have used it with flashes beta 3, 4, 5 and 5_1 so far.

Am new at this tablet, but am anxious to get the apps 2 SD moving along. I have remounted the drive as R/W, formatted my SD card to ext2, and it would not recognize it. I have then repartitioned it with the 32mb linux swap, a 512 ext2, and the rest to fat32. Still didn't work...I can't think of much else, lol.

When I loaded Link2SD, to try to use an app to configure it, the error it gave was that the SD card didn't have two partitions. So, I partitioned it twice. The device reads that as a broken card. Argh.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
I'm having problems with moving apps to SD to. Apps2Sd runs, but all the apps it says can be moved are greyed out!

leighw101

Aug 13, 2011
I've done a bit more digging and it seems to be related as I thought to the mount points.

Going to have a go at re-assigning the mounts to see if I can move the internal flash to a different place. It also has a problem that the mount point for the external SD card is actually inside the mount point for the internal flash which causes a few issues with it being able to discern which item is which I've found.

Hopefully I'll be able to get around that by editing the mount fstab, but I need to do a few more tests first to make sure it doesn't brick anything while doing it :p

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Thankyou for trying to fix this issue. Should you find a suitable repair, could you post it so we can fix ours as well?

Arreladd

Mar 29, 2011
Im going to bump this thread because I too would like to be able to move my apps to my second TF card slot. Its the whole reason I got the pair of 16gb cards.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have the SYNET7LP (which now says it's the other tablet now that I used the beta4.ius installation), and I have been trying to figure out how to move apps to the SD card. I can't seem to find directions or an app that changes settings to allow it. I got "Move To SD", and it works to set up settings, but even with the USB Debug checked (using an app), and even with everything set up as requested, the apps still will not move.

I don't believe it can be done. It was tried on the Iconia forums