Moving Apps to SD Card

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Here is a very simple way to move your downloaded Apps to Sd Card.............1-Go to setting 2-Click on Applications 3-Select Manage Applications 4- Scroll to App you want to transfer to Sd Card 5=Select move to SD..........Not all Apps can be move but the ones you downloaded can [ Is their anyway to move any (the other preloaded) Apps to SD Card?? } Also You Tube runs much better after doing this!

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
If you are running Gingerbread, you are not actually moving apps to SD card, you are only moving them from the internal storage to another partition on the internal drive.

First upgrade to Honeycomb, it runs much faster unless you are one who has problem. If you are running Honeycomb, you go to Settings > Apps and you can set the Default Storage location to SD card from Internal Storage. Most of your apps will then transfer over to your SD card without having to go through each on individually. As a side effect you will have two different loads when you start up your tablet. The first is the internal drive loading and then about 30 seconds later the SD card will load.

jflora

Nov 14, 2011
Ok, here's a nifty problem. I changed the settings to make the Default Storage location my external SD Card. After doing this my Google Play Store app began malfunctioning. When I run it all I get is a message that says "No Connection" and a button that says "Retry". Any suggestions on how to fix this issue without changing my settings back?

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
That should have nothing to do with moving to your SD card. That is an internet connection issue. Try turning off wifi then turning back on, should reset your connection and connect. Works for me.

VjohnV

May 11, 2012
Are there any issues when running apps from the SD card? Do they run slower? I didn't think the Android Honeycomb OS would allow apps to run off SD card. (can with Ice Cream Sandwich)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not all apps will run from SD card the ones that do shouldn't have any issues though. Neither HC or ICS supports apps on the SD card by default. This is a customization Vizio has made (and a good one).

VjohnV

May 11, 2012
I don't see a the 'move to SD card' when I go to Settings => Applications => Manage Apps. Some apps have 'move to onboard memory. Do I need to unmount then mount my SD card again to get that option?

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
It sounds like they are already on the SD card, "Move to Onboard" is what shows up when they are on the SD card. Does your default app location show as SD card?

dabamajo

Jan 1, 2013
Ok, here's a nifty problem. I changed the settings to make the Default Storage location my external SD Card. After doing this my Google Play Store app began malfunctioning. When I run it all I get is a message that says "No Connection" and a button that says "Retry". Any suggestions on how to fix this issue without changing my settings back?

How do you change the default storage setting?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
How do you change the default storage setting?

You indicate you have a Samsung Tab and this is the Vizio section of the forum so the short answer is that by default, you can't. Not without rooting and modifying system files.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You indicate you have a Samsung Tab and this is the Vizio section of the forum so the short answer is that by default, you can't. Not without rooting and modifying system files.

Also did you even bother to read the first post in the thread?