Moving file between 2 android devices via usb

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
Is it possible to connect a tablet running JB 4.1 to a phone (rooted) running ICS 4.0 via a usb cable and move files between the 2 ?
In particular I'm wanting to move photos from the phone to the tablets sd card

Daz

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My suggestion, and easier in the long run, would be to get a free 2GB DropBox account and you could move files in either direction by putting them into the cloud. What you are suggesting may in fact be possible but is not all that simple. DropBox is dead simple.

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
Your suggestion isn't going to be practical in this instance because I shall be abroad and wanting to avoid data charges.
If there's no other way I shall just have to do it by swapping the memory card between the devices
cheers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Your suggestion isn't going to be practical in this instance because I shall be abroad and wanting to avoid data charges.
If there's no other way I shall just have to do it by swapping the memory card between the devices
cheers

That would be a good option.

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
The tablet has usb host and if I connect a memory stick it detects it and I can move files but when I connect my phone.....Huawei Ascend G300 .....it doesn't :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think it should but I may be wrong. Try going to settings > storage > mount.

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
the only option is to unmount,should I set it to unmount then ?......will the tablet only be able to read what's on the phones sd card,not the internal memory ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may need to change file managers to something like ES File Explorer. If the phone card's format is acceptable it should be able to read it but that's not always the case. If it says unmount, you should be able to see it.