MS-DOS emulator

kichkichkich

Jul 31, 2011
Is there an MS-DOS emulator for android 2.2?
I tried using aDOSBOX and anDOSBOX but its not working with my 7" tablet Froyo 2.2 under WM8650. Any alternatives you guys? I really need to play this Demu

thanks

Jomo

Feb 27, 2012
Sorry about bringing up this old thread, the original poster has probably long since moved on, but for the benefit of others:

I too have been in search of a good DOS emulator. I tried adosbox and andoxbos and they both were slow, had terrible mouse emulation on my tablets (HP Touchpad and Transformer). The other day, I discovered DosBox Turbo. I figured i'd give it a shot, cause DOS is an itch I've been meaning to scratch..

... DosBox Turbo is much faster than the other two, and has the bonus of working perfectly on both my HP Touchpad (CM 6.1) and ASUS Transformer (ICS). On my Transformer, it even supports the keyboard, trackpad and external mice! Yes, I plugged in a usb mouse, and it worked perfectly. Its kind of cool having a PC on my tablet.. been playing lots of old Dos Games recently! :p

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fishstix.dosbox

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
".. Sorry about bringing up this old thread.."

Don't be - THANK-YOU for bringing this up! I'm newer to Androids & didn't know they had DOS emulators! Too cool. I see it even runs "Master of Orion" - one of my favorites! Now I just have to source where to get it, again.

You really made my day (I'll send a "thank-you" once I figure out how too).

EW

toma00

May 6, 2012
DOSBOX Turbo and aDOSBOX don't work on my Android neither.
My device is wm8650 in a netbook style.it's quite common model in the market you can see everywhere like

The apps failed to boot up then back to Home screen ONLY when a SD card is inserted they run OK if no SD card is on.
I have tried some custom firmwares but didn't make difference.
So I suspect that this device has the SD card drive that DOSBOX can't coop with.
At the moment I am a bit of tired to keep serching informations to solve it.
So just let me see if other people bring a good news here thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: