MS Office Equivalent for Android?

biggerdunk

Oct 19, 2012
I'm thinking about getting a tablet (maybe Samsung). Am I right in thinking one can't get MS word/excel/etc for tablets? Can you get an equivalent that can view and produce documents compatible with word/etc? Are they any good? Are they expensive?

Many thanks,
Chris

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm thinking about getting a tablet (maybe Samsung). Am I right in thinking one can't get MS word/excel/etc for tablets? Can you get an equivalent that can view and produce documents compatible with word/etc? Are they any good? Are they expensive?

Many thanks,
Chris

I bought this app when it was on sale never used it, just bought it cause it was on sale.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.editor.office_registered&hl=en

it was 25 cents when I bought it.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...25-playstore-today.html?highlight=OfficeSuite

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011

Many thanks,
Chris

Fairly soon M$ is expected to release an Android version of Office for sale. Until then, depending on your location you can use the real thing by installing either OnLive Desktop or CloudOn but there are good alternatives available now, like QuickOffice

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I have Office Suite Pro and un-installed it. I already had the Dataviz Documents To Go. So I went back to using the DTG. I have been using DTG for years now and they have a very stable and easy to use app. They started out with Palm and that is where I first started using them. I have the new Nexus 7 tablet and the Office Suite had some problems running on Android Jelly Bean. But DTG never once had any problems. Very stable and efficient.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I'm using SmartOffice and QuickOffice on my A500.
Works perfectly great also when reading PDF files.

Sent from my A500

jonling

Apr 3, 2012
OfficeSuite Pro 6 is great. I have never had a problem and I have it on 2 tablets...

IceBluesCat

Oct 21, 2012
I got QuickOffice a year ago from Amazon when it was the free app of the day. It seems to work just fine, including .pdf capability.