MTP driver not installing

Manoj1551

Jan 27, 2012
Hi everyone..

I have been very disappointed that am not able to install MTP driver in my windows xp system to trasfer files between tablet and PC..

When i connect to my PC to transfer files, am not able to install MTP driver. After the step "Install the software automatically(Recommended)" , the search happens and the next step says that the software could not be installed.

Please let me know if i can find this MTP driver anywhere so that i can manually choose the file and install it or where am i going wrong in auto install of MTP as soon as i connect my tablet to PC.

Please do help me

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Manoj, I will give it a shot since nobody tried to reply to you yet.

A quick Google search and I found some interesting pages. I would recommend reading the Wikipedia page here, which notes :

On Microsoft Windows, MTP is supported in Microsoft Windows XP if Windows Media Player 10 or later versions are installed.

...so i would suggest you head to Microsoft and get their Media Player 10 or 11, if you don't already have it installed.

MP11 requires validation of your Windows XP license key - don't try to install it unless you have a proper and kosher licence. Who knows what nasty things could happen otherwise. :)

Good luck! :)