Multiple Press Shots of New Nexus 7 Leak; Specs Include SIM Slot, Rear Camera & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
new-nexus7-press-shot-evleaks.png

Here's a slew of newly leaked press shots of the next generation of Nexus 7. The aesthetics of the device have changed slightly, and it also will contain some new features over the old one. This is confirmed simply by looking at the press shots. These first renders were shared by @evleaks. As you can see, the device will include the following external features:
  • SIM Slot
  • A Rear Camera
  • Dual-Speakers
  • Notification LED
Below is the other press shot that was leaked. This one is unique because it includes a different angle of the device and shows off a new wallpaper.

new-nexus7-press-shot-with-alternate-wallpaper.png

Here's a quick quote with some additional details about specs and more,

The dual cameras (1.2MP + 5MP) are clearly visible, along with a notification LED, the "4:30" time which points to, naturally, Android 4.3, the oddly perpendicular for a 7" tablet word "nexus" on the back, stereo speakers mounted on the back (sorry, HTC One fans), and the manufacturer, which once again happens to be ASUS (sorry, Sony fans). There isn't much else to say that hasn't been said before.

The 16GB Wi-Fi variant of the new SlimPort-enabled 1.5GHz quad-core Nexus 7 with a 1920x1200 display is expected to retail for $229 while the 32GB one will sell for $269. There's no word yet on the LTE version, though based on the rumblings among tipsters, one should be coming at some point.

You can check out the source link below to find more angles of the new Nexus 7, but they are mostly the same as the ones you see above.

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Nice to see that - for the most part - Google left the physical design and appearance the same. I as worried that the new N7 might end up with an annoying glossy plastic back like the recent Samsung tabs or the soon-to-be released-in-the-US Asus MeMo HD7.

I'm happy to see a notification light as well - it's a little touch that can make a BIG impact on device usefulness in my opinion.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
It'll be interesting to hear how the new Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor performs.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Is this the same processor used in the new Sony Xperia Z tablet?

It is, Angus. The 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor isn't the best on the market, but it doesn't really need to be — it's been a while since power has been an issue for Android tablets. The Tablet Z processor works just fine, with little lag or slowness whether you're playing a game or just swiping around the operating system. It even multitasks well, thanks certainly to its 2GB of RAM. The $499 base model comes with 16GB of internal storage, and the $599 version has 32GB — both come with microSD slots so you can augment as you see fit. Personally, I feel both are overpriced. Don't you think?
According to reviewers, it works like any other Android tablet: scrolling stutters in some apps, as it always does, and the occasional app can take a beat or two to open, as it always does, but nearly everything works as it's intended to.

Ed

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
It is, Angus. The 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor isn't the best on the market, but it doesn't really need to be — it's been a while since power has been an issue for Android tablets. The Tablet Z processor works just fine, with little lag or slowness whether you're playing a game or just swiping around the operating system. It even multitasks well, thanks certainly to its 2GB of RAM. The $499 base model comes with 16GB of internal storage, and the $599 version has 32GB — both come with microSD slots so you can augment as you see fit. Personally, I feel both are overpriced. Don't you think?
According to reviewers, it works like any other Android tablet: scrolling stutters in some apps, as it always does, and the occasional app can take a beat or two to open, as it always does, but nearly everything works as it's intended to.

Ed

I agree with you concerning the price of the Experia Z tablets - they are both ~ $100 too expensive. To go a little further, there's no way I'd pay $599 for a 32GB tablet of ANY brand.

Price aside, I do like the new Sony - hopefully the price will drop as more new 10.1" tablets are released this year.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I do like the new Sony - hopefully the price will drop as more new 10.1" tablets are released this year.

That makes two of us. In the meantime, I've pre-ordered their new Xperia Z smartphone.

kevinvwallace

Jun 20, 2013
new-nexus7-press-shot-evleaks.png

Here's a slew of newly leaked press shots of the next generation of Nexus 7. The aesthetics of the device have changed slightly, and it also will contain some new features over the old one. This is confirmed simply by looking at the press shots. These first renders were shared by @evleaks. As you can see, the device will include the following external features:
  • SIM Slot
  • A Rear Camera
  • Dual-Speakers
  • Notification LED
Below is the other press shot that was leaked. This one is unique because it includes a different angle of the device and shows off a new wallpaper.

new-nexus7-press-shot-with-alternate-wallpaper.png

Here's a quick quote with some additional details about specs and more,

You can check out the source link below to find more angles of the new Nexus 7, but they are mostly the same as the ones you see above.

Source: AndroidPolice

It is nice to see press shots of the next generation of Nexus 7. Features of this device is amazing, wallpaper design is also looking very nice.