Multitasking Tablet

astute

Oct 1, 2012
Hi all,

Just after a quick bit of advice :). I'm looking at buying a tablet + keyboard for use in university lectures (plus the usual browsing/email/films). Note making is obviously made a lot easier if multitasking capability (ie split screen a la Windows 7) is possible. Having had a brief look around, the only tablet I've found which can fit this bill is the Galaxy Note 10.1. My question is whether with the advent of Intel-powered tablets and Windows 8, split-screen multitasking will become more common; and if so, whether it might hence be best to wait until these are released before buying the Note 10.1 solely because it's the only available tablet which can do it (I think!)?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Thinking about the definitions, split screen and multi tasking, I made need a little more information. There are some ROMs available for some tablets that allow multiple apps to be active on the screen at the same time. Overskreen comes to mind, mut nulti tasking is what I do on my tablet all the time, swapping from app to open app with ease. I'm not certain what the Note 10.1 has in this regard that other decent Android tablets don't. Maybe I don't understand what you are desiring.

With all that said the Windows 8 tablets may be an option but at the moment there are a few drawbacks. Lack of apps for either of the 2 versions of the Windows 8 tablets might cause them to be a little slow out of the gate. But the Pro version could work if you are looking for split screens and multi tasking. They will be fairly expensive as well.