MultiTouch Problem in Coby MID 1042-8 After Install ROM

jcparks

Oct 25, 2012
Same error. I edited the updater-script with notepad++ and rezipped. What additional argument is it wanting?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My wife wont stop, being awful, I gave you wrong line don't change. Mount line change format line.

chamge

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/nandd");

to

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/nandd", "0");

you are just making it have 4 parts, like the error wants.

Last edited:

jcparks

Oct 25, 2012
Haha, my wife is good, but my kids have made me loose my train of thought a lot today. Anyway, the thought of adding "0" to the format line also occurred to me after some googling around. This produced a similar error, but it wasn't complaining about the number of arguments. It still aborted the install.

I then took out the format() line and did this manually through CWM options. Flashing the zip worked, I got a little excited, but then I rebooted...

I am sad to say that I don't even see the COBY screen now. I am fairly certain that the tablet fully booted up because I heard the toot-toot of the low battery alarm. I tried rebooting a couple times, then when I was satisfied that it just wasn't gonna work, I tried to boot into recovery. Nothing... So either I ran this thing out of battery and it makes it act funny, or I messed it up good. Probably the latter, but at this point I am confident that I can use livesuit to bring it back, then get CWM back on there. Once I do, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I'm gonna pop the battery out and charge it for a bit before jumping back in. I'll be AFK for a bit. Really appreciating all the help, what a rollercoaster!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Let it charge when you do a factory reset it takes time for the coby screen to show up sometimes it doesn't show up until another reboot.

I am leaving wont be back for a while, I am uploading another zip this one has the format part correct. Just been one of those days today.

1042.zip

jcparks

Oct 25, 2012
Let it charge when you do a factory reset it takes time for the coby screen to show up sometimes it doesn't show up until another reboot.

I am leaving wont be back for a while, I am uploading another zip this one has the format part correct. Just been one of those days today.

1042.zip

Okay, I had to do the livesuit thing just to get back to having a recovery. So, I flashed the new zip, but same error as when I edited the script. Bummer dude

Installing update...
script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /sdcard/1042.zip
(status7)
Installation aborted.

I'm takin off for a bit.

jcparks

Oct 25, 2012
Both errors are saying they don't like your sdcard, do you have another sdcard or can you format the one you have?

I tried reformatting the external, tried flashing from the internal and tried using another sd card. I got same error, I don't think that was the issue. I'll keep messing around a bit the next few days and get back to this forum with any results. At this point a hard brick would almost be a relief...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I tried reformatting the external, tried flashing from the internal and tried using another sd card. I got same error, I don't think that was the issue. I'll keep messing around a bit the next few days and get back to this forum with any results. At this point a hard brick would almost be a relief...

OK I just rewritten the update script by hand, installed on my momo8 to verify install script works without error. uploading now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zcbtlqtsoylqc3

Last edited:

jcparks

Oct 25, 2012
Downloading... How crazy would it be if it needs the Recovery.img file to accompany the others in order to restore properly? I was half thinking of throwing that into the zip that I removed the format() line from.