Must have Apps??

revalation

Sep 22, 2011
Hey guys n girls,

Since im new to the Tablet scene i am in need of some good apps!!! what do you
guys recommend i look for?

I pretty much use my tablet for a bit of fun when im bord and keeping records of stuff i do if that help with suggestions =)

Anyway let me know what you all think is worth having on my Transformer Tablet =)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you go to the search box at the top of each forum page and search for "must have apps", you'll get 10 pages of hits from this forum alone.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hey revalation welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new Transformer tablet by the way! When you mention "keeping records of stuff", do you mean tasks/schedules/contacts or what exactly? For a basic (yet useful) calendar/tasks type app I'd suggest beOrganized (both free and paid versions available), for a more beefed up calendar/events/tasks app I'd suggest Pocket Informant, a little pricier but a fantastic app. Since it's the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer you own you might also want to check out Dual Battery Widget, it's free and it lets you know the status of your internal as well as docking station battery levels, that is of course if you got the docking station with your new Android tablet purchase.

revalation

Sep 22, 2011
Cheers DarrlyB i will check them out =)
Yeah i got the keyboard dock aswell as the Tablet so i will def check
out that battery widget

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
it seems you've gotton a few recommendations already!

For when you want to have some fun with your tablet, I recommend...well, quite a few apps ;)

1. Sprinkle. This is one of the best Tegra-optimized games out there - and as such, is optimized for tablets. The main goal is to put out fires using a giant water cannon - graphics are amazing, addictive like Angry Birds, and the physics are super realistic. It's only $1.49, too, making it a very cheap Tegra game. Must-buy!

2. Game Dev Story. Not optimized for tablets, but you don't really notice it - the type of graphics it uses lends itself to tablets. Anyway, the target of the game is to become a sucessful game company developer (ironic, isn't it ;)) and win the Global Game Awards. Really addictive and really fun. $2.50, I think. They also make a few other games - Hot Springs Story, Grand Prix Story, Pocket League Story, etc. They're all quite good.

3. PULSE. Not quite a game, but its the best, most polished news app I've seen for any Android Tablet. It aggregates news stories from any sources that you select (there are a LOT of choices) in an extremely smooth and polished interface. It almost seems like it can grab anything with an RSS feed, and no matter the story's format it fits perfectly in the interface.

4. Fruit Ninja THD free. Tegra-optimized game - you probably have heard of Fruit Ninja ;). Slice the fruit while missing the bombs; fairly simple gameplay, but quite fun. There is also a multiplayer mode. Restarting your tablet after install is probably a good idea, as many have experienced crashes (including myself) and a restart fixed it for me.

5. Jet Car Stunts (demo or paid - both are good). A great platform-based racing game. You are equipped with a rocket...equipped car with airbrakes, and you are to steer through various difficult tracks to finally reach the finish. Quite challenging in certain areas and quite fun.

Last edited: