MUST READ: iPad Air vs. Kindle Fire HDX: Which is best?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Summary: With Amazon and Apple both having unveiled their offerings ready for the holiday spending extravaganza, consumers are faced with a choice. So, let's put Apple's iPad Air up against Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX and see which comes out the winner.

By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes for Hardware 2.0 | November 1, 2013 -- 09:19 GMT (02:19 PDT)

Previous | Next
Image 1 of 11
0001-620x.jpg

Decisions, decisions …

Given their popularity, I expect that tablets will be found underneath a lot of Christmas trees this year, and what a good time for it, since consumers are going to be spoilt for choice. With Amazon and Apple both having unveiled their offerings ready for the holiday spending extravaganza, consumers are faced with a choice, and judging by my mailbox, people are having a hard time making up their minds as to which is the best.

So, let's put Apple's iPad Air up against Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX and see which comes out the winner.

Note that the Kindle Fire HDX comes in two flavors – 7-inch and 8.9-inch – but for the purposes of this review I'll be focusing primarily on the 8.9-inch version.

(Image source: Apple and Amazon)