Muteing speakers and vibrate ( probably a silly question :)

ojustaboo

Apr 30, 2011
Hi all.

So I go to bed with my new galaxy tablet, stick in the headphones, turn the tablet on and the next thing I know is my wifes going berserk as I've woken her up :)

So my presumption that the headphone socket would mute external speakers is wrong.

I hunt around, I turn off all vibration functions, I found the silent option and mute the speakers and try again.

So far so good.

I want to arrange my home page, no matter that I've disabled every vibration option I can see, it still insists on vibrating when I drag the home page icons?

I'm playing around with it in the dark, holding it at various rotations and all of a sudden the speaker is unmuted. Luckily she didn't wake lol, but I really don't know what I did and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me so I don't do it ever again.

Also, the supplied phones have what appears to be volume controls on them but these don't appear to work?

Many many thanks

Joe

ojustaboo

Apr 30, 2011
Said it was probably a silly question :)

It appears I didn't have my headphones fully inserted.

I did try to replug them in last night but also still has the back protective film on while waiting for my case, and that got in the way.

They weren't in that final click. This causes an odd situation where initially it stops external speakers, but as soon as I paused and pressed play again, the external speakers sprang inbto life.

One problem fixed lol.

The buttons on the headphones cant be volume controls as when I pressed them, they changed my audible app book chapters.

Getting there.