mw8650 only powers on with auto charger

Discussion in 'WonderMedia WM8650 Tablets' started by mabrock, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mabrock

mabrock Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    m009 google android 2.2 7" tablet
    It will work only when plugged into 12v power supply sitting in car. It shows a full battery, but when it is not plugged into that auto charger, it absolutely does nothing. No lights, won't even try to turn on. What could be the problem? Have gotten quite a few home chargers and it will not turn on or show any signs of life, only with the auto car charger. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

2. alesh

alesh Member

What abaut original adapter ( 9V) in charging or not ? 12v is too much

3. mabrock

mabrock Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    the original home charger does not work anymore. We have the car charger for it and it only operates and comes on with it plugged into the car charger. but who wants to sit in their hot car to use it? Any ideas?

If I was to reinstall the orignal program would that work or is it just because it won't charge on the home charger that it won't no matter if we reset it or not? Totally lost here on what to do

4. alesh

alesh Member

5. mabrock

mabrock Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    even tho it shows a fully charged battery when it is plugged in with the auto charger it will not power up when using it alone without charger.

6. mabrock

mabrock Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    ok I bought the universal as shown and when it came the end was way too big. Anyone else have any ideas of why it only works when using the auto charger?

7. cal67

cal67 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo A1/ Lenovo A2107A-F/Lenovo A1000/ Kobo Arc 7 64GB./Dell Venue 7/Acer Iconia B1
    -It works with your car charger, so that part of the circuit and the tablet are OK.
    - You say your home charger is not functional.
    -If the battery shows full charge but the tablet won't run on the battery, it is highly likely that the battery is dead / defective.
    -I have never seen a software change or update that will revive a dead battery.

I think you are down to the options of buying the proper charger to use this in your house or tearing it apart and replacing the battery. To be brutally honest, these tablets are not worth spending this type of time and money on. I have one and had it apart several times and did some modifications just because I wanted to but it made no financial sense. Spend the $120 or so that it will take to get a Lenovo A1 or a Asus Memo and you will be far happier and have a functional tablet that won't frustrate you every time you use it.