MX Video Player

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Is anyone using the latest MX Player? It was working fine until I bought a new tablet and it was updated to Android 4.4.2 and now it just stops when you launch it. Supposedly, it's not coded for Android 4.4.2, but I thought apps were backward-compatible?

If some knows the developers, please ask them to update the application, or better, fix it so it doesn't have to be re-coded for each and every minor update of the Android OS.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If some knows the developers, please ask them to update the application, or better, fix it so it doesn't have to be re-coded for each and every minor update of the Android OS.

You don't have to "know" the developers, there's a "Visit Developer's Website" link on the Play Store page for the app. Just use it.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
According to the many comments on the MX Player discussion forum requesting an update and a proper fix, the developers don't seem to react. So if the devs aren't reacting to anonymous requests, maybe they would do something if an associate contacted them.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
For me, MX Player is the only video player that has the features I require.. No other video player comes close, or can play the files on the device.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It's also a free aplication, so you get what you "pay" for, although I think the application itself is useful enough to make the purchase.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I don't find the Ads particularly obtrusive. They only show in settings screens or while paused. Installed it on my new phone.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I barely notice ads, because I keep the WiFi off unless I actually need it. But OTOH, not all developers love to code apps all day long just for the fun of it, so when you find an application that deserves a little reward, you should make the donation to the developer. Otherwise there soon won't be any developers left.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
he newest version of MX Player has been updated for Android 4.4.2 so it's working fine for now.