My 2.1 Touchpad II

chisme

Mar 14, 2011
Hi all i just joined today, probably gonna ask a few dumb ass questions but hopefully ill be able to answer a few good ones too.

so anyways got my self a android 2.1 touchpad 2 from maplins, heard of the androids for a while, and now one was on offer i had an excuse to buy one...sorta

heres my droid...
A13KK.jpg

sorry for size but any who... onto my queries

i saw many games on youtube like modern combat, sims 3 , worms ,heavy gunner, hawx and so blah blah,. so ive got an sd card and installed the game via apkinstaller, downloaded the updates/data and sounds plays....but nothing on screen, i got worms to display the blue background and the worms title very choppy but thats all, most games just produce a white screen,

heres the spec for my droid from maplins

CPU: ARM11 600MHz

Display: 7 inch Touch Screen with
16:9 aspect ratio 800x480 WVGA resolution

Operating System: Android 2.1
System Memory: DDR2 256MB
Storage: 4GB
Wireless Access: WiFi 802.11b/g
Orientation Support: G-Sensor
Additional Controller: Built in Trackball
Music Decoder: MP3 / WMA / APE / FLAC / AAC / OGG / AC3 / WAV
Video Decoder: Max.1280*720 MKV
(H.264 HP) / AVI / RM / RMVB / FLV / WMV9 / MP4

Image Support: JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG
Memory Expansion: Micro SD Card (Trans Flash) up to 16GB
Ebook Support: PDF(DRM) / EPUB(DRM) / FB2 / TXT / HTML
Audio Output: Built-in speaker, Mini Jack Phono
3G Support: USB dongle (limited compatability, see Manual for details)
Product
Battery: 4000 mAH Li-Polymer Rechargeable
Est. Battery Life: Approx. 12 Hours Light Use, 3-4 Hours Heavy Use
Product Weight: 0.285kg
Product Dimensions: W x 19cm, H x 11.5cm, D x 1.5cm

is the any fix's i can perform to help with this?

appreciate any help :cool:

Julie

May 13, 2011
Hi Chisme.

I've just bought a Touchpad II from Maplin - needed something just for games and keeping in touch on Facebook in private messages while abroad as texting is so expensive. Did you resolve your problem?

I can't even copy the disk they supplied for my desktop, so far I've got it down to 42,534 days and 15 hours. I want to connect to my pc, but no joy.

I would be interested to know how you're getting on with it now. I surfed the net on my pc to try and find some help with it and came across your post.

Thanks.

Julie x

djtaylor

Jun 3, 2011
I have a Touchpad II, but admittedly have upgraded the firmware. It could be that those games dont work with Android 2.1? Or, the tablet doesnt have enough processor power to run them? I installed Angry Birds, and its a little slow to run.

StarDebut

Mar 5, 2012
You will not get any of those games to run with those specifications. An Android Tablet like that, will have the specs to run games from pre 2000. You might get Sims to run, but neither Sims 2 or Sims 3 will ever work no matter what firmware you try to install.

To play Sims 3 you will have to buy a specific desktop or tower PC, with at least 2GB RAM, a graphics card with 125mb ram minimum, and a dual core processor.

This tablet is only useful for Android market games, you might find it closer to mobile gaming than any other comparison, meaning worms will install from the android market as an app specifically for this tablet, but trying to install a PC version of Worms which requires Windows will be a nightmare.

If you wanted to run those titles, from the android market on this tablet. You will be better of selling your tablet to purchase a higher spec tablet, or something at least along the lines of an iPad. You still won't be able to play the full PC/MAC versions that retail at £30, but you should be able to play retro games, and the mobile and tablet versions which are either free to play or sell for a maximum of £9.99.

If you are interested in gaming you will be pleased to know that there are plenty of games available that are retro. You will struggle to get facebook games to work with this tablet even so, because you will need a Browser running and then the Flash game itself, which with 250MB RAM, is going to be slow. A netbook has 1GB RAM, and can play Facebook games and not much else.

I will probably purchase this tablet anyway, but all I want it for is to read Comics on with a CBR reader, and occasionally watch a movie or listen to music. I wouldnt pay over £100 for a tablet personally. I would rather spend £600 on a 3D 42" 1080p HD Freeview TV :)