My A500 just updated to 3.2 - Virginia, USA

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
I've been getting the WiFi connect problem on 3.1 for weeks. It keeps looping on "obtaining IP address".
- Conrad

Conrad,
You've got to get OS 3.2 (the new update). I think it will help greatly. I've had the looping/disable wifi bug consistently since 3.1, and it has not happened at all after 3.2. If it goes for one week like this, I'm declaring the issue solved (at least until a future update breaks it again). The bug appeared to be dependent on the combination of Hotspots a person uses, and I had a bad combination.

You need to find a strong wifi Hotspot, get the tablet connected, and get that update. Here's a detailed video about how to reset it (you could also try just turning off wifi and turning it back on):

Once you're back online, do the update (in Settings – About Tablet – System Update), and let us know how that works out. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Good to here that 3.2 upgrade is finally trickling down in the US. Any noticable changes that you can think of will help with the wait to finally get it. Good to hear that the upgrade appears to be going smoothly, with few if any hitches.

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
Good to here that 3.2 upgrade is finally trickling down in the US. Any noticable changes that you can think of will help with the wait to finally get it. Good to hear that the upgrade appears to be going smoothly, with few if any hitches.

What I notice the most, and I am just speaking from the very singular experience of just working with my particular A500 on 3.2, is that all of the basic operational things just work a little better. For instance:

- Boots up in less time
- Shuts down in less time
- Significantly less time to fully operational from hibernation mode
- Touch screen operates with less errors and seems to be quicker
- Screen stretch mode available on applicable apps
- SD card installed icon now in notification bar

Now I'm one of those that are pretty much cloud centric so I honestly can't remember the last time I plugged my A500 intom my PC, so I don't have an answer as to if the PC will now recognize the SD card. I'll try that today just to find out and post up the results.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
I don't have an answer as to if the PC will now recognize the SD card. I'll try that today just to find out and post up the results.

I tried it this morning, and it sorta works. The PC finds the SD Card, but none of its files. You can write to it, and those new files are shown. So it works like the internal memory does. Files and directories are hidden by the system -- not only system files, but files I had previously copied directly to SD card. Maybe there's an attribute that can be changed to make them show?

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
well im still waiting here in Louisiana, still on 3.1

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
I tried it this morning, and it sorta works. The PC finds the SD Card, but none of its files. You can write to it, and those new files are shown. So it works like the internal memory does. Files and directories are hidden by the system -- not only system files, but files I had previously copied directly to SD card. Maybe there's an attribute that can be changed to make them show?

+1

Same thing for me.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
+1

Same thing for me.
Are you inserting the sd before booting up?
I know if, in 3.1, I plug in a USB card reader I have to do it with the card in it before booting or it does not see the contents of the card.
No 3.2 here yet in PA. Don't really expect it since the updates are happening at a snails pace.

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
Are you inserting the sd before booting up?
I know if, in 3.1, I plug in a USB card reader I have to do it with the card in it before booting or it does not see the contents of the card.
No 3.2 here yet in PA. Don't really expect it since the updates are happening at a snails pace.

Yes, card is inserted before booting. Prior to 3.2, the PC would not see the card at all, and now it does, but it does not see card folders or individual files.

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
decided to stop letting acer decide when my updates occur - went to XDA Forums - post of the OTA update and took a chance - worked perfect for me so happy. Believe me i will get my next update there.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

gullwing

Aug 19, 2011
Anybody know how the update is rolling out; is it by location and build #? I'm in Northern, VA like the original poster and I haven't gotten anything yet.