My A500 just updated to 3.2 - Virginia, USA

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
My update arrived yesterday morning, but I'm on my 3rd attempt to install it. The first download stopped at 94%. The next one completed, and I clicked the Install button, but nothing happened. I waited a while, them checked status, and I was still on 3.1. I'm now on my 3rd download. This time I powered off & on to clear RAM. It seems there would be some way to restart the install, since the install file has already been downloaded. However, I've had this happen several times with apps from the Market. If they don't install after the initial download, i have to download again to get them installed.

- Conrad

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
got 3.2 update in mass, gps still sucks though.

So your Google maps doesn't show your position?

Note that I found it took a while to refresh my position the first time, because the update whiped out GPS cached almanac info, but now it not only shows me as being in my house, but exactly which corner of the house I'm in. It's dead on accurate.

My stand alone gps app fails to get a position for a long time but that app was never written for honeycomb.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
@Conrad :

I've seen the same symptoms on my Nexus One when trying to install when I have very little memory available.
This is my main reason for not keeping any media on internal storage and using the external_sd for all music and movies.

A download and install that fails can leave you worse off.

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
i am in FL and just got the message today to update. I will wait till i get more info on what is better/worse from what i am reading here.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
Download/install attempts 3, 4 & 5 all resulted in "Invalid update". I guess I will try a couple of times more, then I'll just wait for ICS.

- Conrad

stangmaster98

Mar 5, 2011
Been trying to download update all I get is update file is damaged and can not finish ... WTF ... I have tryed to download 8 times .. some times it does not even finish it just goes away during the download ..lol other times is says ready to install and it stops and can not finish.
Bone stock A500 running 3.1

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum