My BRAND-NEW XL Pro 2!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Was picked up from Wal-Mart around noon.

Once I had it home... it took MAYBE a full minute to get it rooted. (after I confirmed that it connected to the PC and would allow file transfer that way. PLUS #1 :D )

I was quite surprised to find only POWER, VOL+ and VOL- buttons on the thing... That will make it difficult to get a Clockwork Recovery running... but we shall see, and I was saddened to see that it did NOT come with a 'USB-female-2-micro' connector as did 'Tiny' (EGL25BL eGlide 4 7"-er).

It did come with some cool 3-d glasses tho. :rolleyes:
... AND a nice neoprene-cloth-like full slide-on cover. That I DO like!

Snide comments aside, I like this one almost as much as Tiny... probably more since I dont have to move it 500ft away to see the screen. :p

It relates itself as:

ICS v 4.0.3, kernel v 3.08 build EM4.0.1 (eMatic's 'own' build number, most likely).
Soon I will attach an external keyboard to it and see 'what I can see'... hopefully get backups of its 'software guts' and know lots more!
:D

Oh... the 'almost-best-part'...
Since IT will charge off the USB... I can use its 5v adapter to charge Tiny until his replacement arrives.
BIG :D

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
The only complaint I have (so far, anyway), is

The File Manager (replaced MyPad) DOES NOT seem to have the ability to UNMOUNT cards/usbs!! :eek:

It appears that one must go thru SYSTEM SETTINGS to unmount them... MOST INCONVENIENT... and irritating.

Nor do I see the ability to do the multiple cut/copy/pastes that were there before (tho I saw the app refer to it once...)

But overall, I think itis fantastic! :D

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
and learned that the XLpro2 is ALLWINNER-based, and apparently built off an A710 (7").

The advertising/packaging calls it 'multi-core' ... but all the software testers tell me it is only single-core... :(
I SUPPOSE that CPU and GPU could be considered 'multi-core'... but that is misleadingly vague.

Still, it runs VERY well, and Ive even been able to speed it up moderately... Ive successfully seen 1.2Ghz (according to the program). :)

I initially bought it in hopes that it would lead me into corrections/fixes for the 4.03 Im running on my InfoTMIC tablet (DK1031/L/?)...
No good, it seems...
This thing is SOOO different in configuration Ill spend months just learning IT... Not NECESSARILY a bad thing... just different!

... and at this point, I do not see how to do a clockwork recovery on it, tho it SEEMS to have something similar, based upon the info I found in the cache partition.

very :confused: .

Will have to attempt a restore someday... to make sure that it can. This is one thing I WILL NOT accept - a device that is supposed to have it, and does NOT.
Sometimes tho, people screw them up, send them back and dont tell anybody that THEY caused it, so the resellers dont know to fix them.
Im SURE I got one of these not-too-long ago. They NEVER got around to helping me correct it either... but the NEXT guy did! (Kudos to them!) :D

More to follow!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, as can be seen from the thread I started... the CWM-recovery is alive and saving! :D

I VERY MUCH like this pad... tho I have found another 'VERY minor' thing...
I have been using the calendar-display widget (JUST a calendar... none of that other crap) and the weather widget from the InfoTMIC tablets I have... Yes, I just like them! :rolleyes:
Anyway, they do NOT like to run on the XP... at all. :(

... and I miss them! :p

/hissy-fit

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Spent some time looking at the device reviews on Walmart...

SO MANY people thought it was junk... bad touchscreen, etc.

:confused:

Wondering how many didnt bother to remove the protective cover on the CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREEN before complaining that it 'dont work'...

OF COURSE it wont work right with a film BLOCKING THE ABILITY of the screen to operate!

Duh... folks! :rolleyes: