My coby kyros 7024 just when "white"

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
I've had my coby kyros 7024 for almost 3 months now. I had no issues until yesterday. When I turned it on the screen was all white at start and some greyish after a few seconds.
It wasn't hit or anything. One day was fine, the next nothing.

I've sent email to customer care and tech support, but still no answer.
I'll try with the firmware that is on the coby site, with some hope, while I wait some answer from coby.

Did anyone have some similar issue?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
This symptom is usually due to the wrong driver for the LCD used in the ROM, but if you haven't installed anything (specially didn't try to flash a ROM) than a hardware issue is more likely. You can try to use the HDMI out to see if the tablet is working normally and it's "only" a screen problem.

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
ok, hdmi works. So it's hardware related.
Should have tried that before reseting the tablet. Luckily I had most of my info on the microSD.

So, how long does coby usually take to answer an email?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It depends... It seems that they only reply if there is a "pre-made" answer for the question. If they take too long you may want to call them by phone (if you are outside USA there are a few ways to call their number for free since it's 1-800 number).

If using it with HMDI isn't enough for you and you backed up your stuff, you can try restoring the original firmware. It's automatic, you don't need to type anything, just wait until the tablet auto-shutoff to make sure the process ended and try turning it on again. Good luck.

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
So I finally was able to communicate to coby 1-800 and got my case number.
After 3 weeks they finally answered and it turns out they won't validate my warranty because I'm outside USA.
I've seen coby tablets being sold in Argentina. Too bad I didn't know this before, otherwise I would have never bought it =(

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ouch, too bad... :(

So why don't you restore the original firmware or one of the custom ones with Gingerbread? Who knows, it may fix it...

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
After many talks with coby, they accepted to validate the warranty. Sadly, shipping it to the US and back to argentina cost twice the value of the tablet =(

I tried recovering the firmware in coby site, but no luck.

I'll try the one on this forum. And I'll see if I can find a replace part for the screen =(

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
So, since coby didn't provide support, I opened my tablet. It turns out it was just that the cable was loose.

My tablet is fully functional now =D

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Gratz on solving your problem. I hate Cosby's warrenty so much

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum