My desktop has very few icons and none for settings.

bunnygarl

Oct 24, 2012
I just got a new Android (MDI 4.0) and thge user manual is worthless. The pictures in the little manual are so dark I cannot tell what they are to represent. I have pressed every icon and every open field and no settings to be found. Couple that with the entire thing is in Chinese, you can see my problem. I have searched for an online users manual for hours and ended up frustrated so I will try this! Please help my confused self.. :confused:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Settings in Android 4.0 (ICS) can be found by touching the clock in the status bar. That pops up a small notification tab with an icon that looks like sliders (just below the clock. Touch the clock or the sliders and an additional menu pops up with quick settings (wifi, bluetooth, brightness, etc.) and the full settings listed at the bottom.

Alternatively, you can go into the app drawer and then to the Settings app (looks like slider bars on a square if it is in Chinese) or the widgets tab and find the Settings shortcut (looks the same as in the app drawer). This will be added to your home screen giving you direct access to the settings.
$ic_launcher_settings.png

To see a generic ICS manual follow the link in my signature.

Last edited: