My epad will not turn on after the power supply failed

mrdwj123

Jul 12, 2011
Please can somebody help?
After putting my epad on charge I later noticed that the charge led on the charger was not lit I checked that I had turned it on at the socket I had so I turned the epad on and it came to life but then turned its self off,I tried it again and it came on and again turned its self off it then would not turn on so I dug out a universal charger that can be set at 9v and outputs 500miliamps and left the epad on charge the red charge light on the epad came on and when I checked it later it had gone off so I unplugged the charger and tried to turn it on but it would not turn on.So is my universal charger not giving out enough amps?any ideas why it will not turn on.
Any help would be much appreciated.
It is a 7" epad wondermedia wm8650 android version 2.2 kernal version 2,6,32,9 2.2 froyo ver 1.3.1 same as Eken M009s blue led red charge light.

nelgrek

Aug 16, 2011
Checked your original charger and find what current the charger offers. Then get a universal charger matching your original charger's parameter to make sure it would work with your tab.

mrdwj123

Jul 12, 2011
I am waiting for new charger (three weeks now) from seller,worried that the battery or epad as died.I tried a reset via the pin in the small hole on the top edge but nothing happened.

mrdwj123

Jul 12, 2011
can anybody answer my question about my universal charger not giving out enough amps to charge the epad.The original power supply/charger is rated at 9v and 1.5A.

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
can anybody answer my question about my universal charger not giving out enough amps to charge the epad.The original power supply/charger is rated at 9v and 1.5A.

You quote your universal charger's amp output at 500 milliamps. That's only one half an amp. You need a universal charger that'll output 1.5 amps (like the device charger that died.)

mrdwj123

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks Paulsam7
I just wanted some one with electronics knowledge to confirm that the Universal charger I tried was not strong enough.
I first thought that it would sort of trickle charge it with it being only 500milliamps so I left it on charge for a while and the charge light went out so I thought that it had charged it but it would not turn on.
kind Regards
Dave

Last edited:

mrdwj123

Jul 12, 2011
You quote your universal charger's amp output at 500 milliamps. That's only one half an amp. You need a universal charger that'll output 1.5 amps (like the device charger that died.)

Bought new charger and red light glows but it will not turn on even with the charger connected.
Anybody any ideas?

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
You do not want to use a universal charger on these.

These and all batteries for most tablets use a switching power supply that works with the battery`s internal electronics. The battery controls the switching power supply that is plugged into the tablet. It sets up a cycle charge that varies in the beginning then charges full on then does a finish charge.

The charger and battery (in so many words) talk to each other.

This has a special charge cycle that gives you the best charge and more charge cycles and extends the life of the battery.

DO NOT USE A UNIVERSAL CHARGER It will sorta work but cause problems.

As with the epad (This is the cheaper china version? and runs at 9v) It has two 3.7 volt batteries in series with shared electronics for charging control.

You shouldn`t run the tablet with the power pack plugged in. I do and have for testing but you should really let the battery charge fully.

On some of the epads if it will not boot up it needs a full charge cycle first.

Remember old school chargers are poorly regulated and the current is limited by the state of charge from the battery.

The new chargers are regulated by a switching power supply and current/voltage is controlled by switching speed. This is performed mostly by the electronics inside. (on top of the battery under all the tape)

Most new style chargers are very small but kick out a typical 1.5 to 2.0 amps They can do this because of the smps type of power supply.

If you ever have one apart put a meter on the battery leads and you will see your meter voltage go up and down.
(with the charger plugged in)

Most people I have talked to think the electronics on the battery is for over charge protection. They are correct, but it does more than that.

Last edited:

android125678

Aug 22, 2012
I am waiting for new charger (three weeks now) from seller,worried that the battery or epad as died.I tried a reset via the pin in the small hole on the top edge but nothing happened.
could be the charger but i had the same problem but it charged even though the light didnt come on then it came on to the android loading screen but stayed there for 2 hours till i turned it off....... i did some reasearch and it looks like its lost its software for runing the epad... like when you take the battery out of a phone it forgets the date and time but on a much bigger scale. try downloading some free running software, but be careful some contain a virus so only download what a prefessional reccomends or says is safe. i have tried 5 diffrent software so far and none seem to work but dont give up.:(