My Galaxy Tab 10.1

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I like the tablet and what it does. What it does not do is sport a USB, and SD card slot. But I knew that when I bought it.
I found out yesterday that Navigator does not display maps without a wifi connection, but MAPS works with out the WIFI connection. That was pretty cool. No need to download some other offline program. Not sure how far away from my house that works. Like if I flew to Seattle and got off the plane without a WIFI connection, will maps work there?
Video, well download Doubletwist if you want to watch video. I used whatever is in the Tab and it was a small display, not full screen and with doubletwist it went completely full screen with the same video.

Another thing I thought was cool was that you can download torrents with the Tablet through the wifi and then watch, listen, or read whatever you download. I used tTorrent Lite Its not the fastest, because its limited to 250 kbs but works in a pinch. You can pay to download faster.

I also downloaded File Station and was able to sort through and delete unwanted files and downloads.

Pulse, CNN, and USA Today are good 3.1 apps, but not much else has caught up. I use Marine Weather for coastal fishing and it works really well, however Navionics cannot even be seen from Market with 3.1. They say because its does not have a SD card but they do have a file called SD Card to download too, so I was disappointed I could not download my Navionics maps.

Last thing I added was SEEKDROID and its on all of my devices. Cool to find your gear when its under a pile of laundry.

Love reading the Kindle Books. Some of the PDFs are slow to load and big files could not be loaded even after killing apps.

Watched King of Thrones and it was SWEET on the video playback and listen to Howard Stern while typing this.

Peace out.

Last edited:

Burpen

Jun 21, 2011
I got my tablet yesterday. This is my first android experience.
I like that you can use flash. And also that you don't need iTunes...

What I at the moment don't like with it, is that it is not so smooth.
Like when I am typing, it is small delays, and it it pretty annoying.
Somebody else with the same problem? Can it be my software?
I have android 3.0. (the same software that followed when I bought it.)

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I went by Best Buy today and they have hardly sold any Tab 10.1 in any of the Florida stores.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I got my tablet yesterday. This is my first android experience.
I like that you can use flash. And also that you don't need iTunes...

What I at the moment don't like with it, is that it is not so smooth.
Like when I am typing, it is small delays, and it it pretty annoying.
Somebody else with the same problem? Can it be my software?
I have android 3.0. (the same software that followed when I bought it.)

You need to download 3.1

romerun

Jun 22, 2011
does it GPS work on MAP when you are offline ? If it does, how accurate and how fast it lock the Sat ? Coz the gps in my galaxy phone is so suck when no data/wifi connection, wondering if they fix it in latter devices.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
as far as i know google maps pulls the maps down via wifi/3G so you would need to be online to use gps for turn by turn. However if you pre plan your trip - i.e. program you navigation while connected, then the maps will be pulled down so you can use it offline if you follow the same route. You can download 3rd party maps and navigation such as CoPilot which you can use offline

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
How do I do that? :confused:
I tried the "check for update" button, and it didn't find any..

Well if you bought it from America it should actually have 3.1 already. Those in Europe have to wait still. If you have Limited Edition Google I/O tablet you can download 3.1.

Not sure how to update if yours is 3.0 because I don't have the tablet but I've been reading that 3.1 helps a lot in all aspects of tablet experience

Burpen

Jun 21, 2011
I checked the tablet again today, and it is 3.1. I guess I read wrong the first time...

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
does it GPS work on MAP when you are offline ? If it does, how accurate and how fast it lock the Sat ? Coz the gps in my galaxy phone is so suck when no data/wifi connection, wondering if they fix it in latter devices.

Thats why I was shocked to see the maps work. Navigator did not work but MAP did without the WIFI connection.

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
jsuber...I bought the first one they sold at Best Buy and they gave me a little breat on the accessories...I bought the belkin cover and the targus stylus. I love this device..it is different than Froyo and it took a little getting used to. I love the bookmarks widget and e-mail widget.

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I have Targus stylus too. I just loaded Weatherbug Honeycomb and its my favorite Weather app on the 10.1

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Spark1974

Dec 13, 2011
I downloaded the tTorrent lite version on my Galaxy S2 tab but the videos do not play in full screen. Can someone help me with setting up to watch videos full screen please?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Use the USB adapter to access additional storage space... up to 32 more gigs...and other USB equipment.