My Honest Review of This Device

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
I hope this is the right area to post. Ive been reading a lot on here and its been a big help, thanks to all the people for all the hard work. I bought mt tab at CVS for $99 and so far so good:) Ive used the sd card method and have DG2.2 and it runs great. The question i have is i been reading where the tablet has HDMI on them. Mine has hdmi imprinted on the case between the headphone jack and sd slot but there is no hdmi opening. Any thoughts? Thanks again for any help.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
I hope this is the right area to post. Ive been reading a lot on here and its been a big help, thanks to all the people for all the hard work. I bought mt tab at CVS for $99 and so far so good:) Ive used the sd card method and have DG2.2 and it runs great. The question i have is i been reading where the tablet has HDMI on them. Mine has hdmi imprinted on the case between the headphone jack and sd slot but there is no hdmi opening. Any thoughts? Thanks again for any help.

If there is no opening there then it is most likely the SYTABEX7. If you have the SYNET7LP then it will have a mini-HDMI, but not a full size HDMI. Hope that helps you out.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
Thank you for answering. I never use the HDMI just wondering why the slot was gone, at least I know which one I have now:)
The only other problem I'm having is that since I upgraded it to DG2.2 It wont root. It was easy to root with the 2.01 and remove the phone.apk but I cant now.
Thanks again

Shar2020

Jun 18, 2011
is it possible to find the dg2.01 firmware to downgrade? it was atleast somewhat stable with the dg2.01, as soon as i upgraded to the dg2.20... utter chaos. this update has caused way too many problems and i have flashed and data wiped three times on this device. after the update, music is not found on sd by mixzing or default music player. i did manage to root it, however my media rescanner wouldn't finish. everytime i restart the thing i have to take my sdcard out bc everytime it say "take sdcard off and reboot"

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
developed to be used with heat sensitive screens (like the iphone)
LOL what a moron, they aren't HEAT sensitive they are Capacitive operated. Don't believe me? Run that same test running the stylus across but use a metal one, it will react then.

You are not an expert, but someone who simply wants to justify spending $700 for something the rest of us got for much less.

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
Okay, I bought a third tier, low-end tablet for too much money.

So?

I'm learning the Android OS, breaking/fixing the tablet, looking into ROMs (I understand some are available for this unit) have already written instructions on how to root/configure the device at/for first use, and have friends that jealously watch on in amazement...all because they want the $750 desktop replacement tablet, and turn their noses up at everything else.

Priorities, I guess.

Oh, and for what it is, this tablet rocks.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Okay, I bought a third tier, low-end tablet for too much money.

So?

I'm learning the Android OS, breaking/fixing the tablet, looking into ROMs (I understand some are available for this unit) have already written instructions on how to root/configure the device at/for first use, and have friends that jealously watch on in amazement...all because they want the $750 desktop replacement tablet, and turn their noses up at everything else.

Priorities, I guess.

Oh, and for what it is, this tablet rocks.

Apple was the first to popularize the concept of a tablet PC.
And they are making a killing! Lots of development costs, but it costs them well under $100 to have iPads made in China, that they sell for $700 Thats a huge markup!

It's the free market system.

But others are copying the idea, without making the huge development costs.
And result in a much cheaper product, thanks to DG for letting the public profit from this, rather than keeping prices high as with the Samsung Galaxy or the various offerings from the Cell phone companies that screw you on monthly fees.

It's the free market. These low end gadgets will improve, and the lower prices will force Apple and the others to lower prices.

It reminds me of the early days of the PC, you could buy an official IBM PC for $2000, or one from Compaq for $1000, or a no name for $500 And if you bought the non name you had to do so Engineering to get it to work nicely. But it was fun, and you learned a lot.

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah, I know all the history (been active "in computers" since the early 90s) and Apple is doing now what IBM did...keeping it all locked down in order to squeeze every last cent out of the public. Eventually, the world will do an end-run around Apple and they'll be left holding their cock...tails wondering what happened...again.