My MID8024 dont charge.

2ricardo3

Nov 4, 2011
Hi, im new here and im just back from the presentation section.

Like i said, i just bought a MID8024 like a mnth ago and it was working real good, until today, i tried to turn it on and it instantly shut off as soon as the home screen apeared, the again tried and it seemed that the battery was out, so i attempted to charge it, and when i connect the AC cord, the home button doesnt lights up and it obviously doesnt charge either. Tried different contacts around my house and nothing.

Anyone has an idea of what it might have?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Check if your charger is working. Sometimes the cable or plug have problems.

Sent from my typewriter.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Seems like a faulty power supply. You can try to test it carefully using a multimeter, or try another charger with the same voltage (Coby's website says 9V) and at least same current as the original one. Polarity is also important: check where are the + and - connectors in the plug that goes into the tablet.

2ricardo3

Nov 4, 2011
Well, ive tried diferent contacts around the house and plug it in every way posible and nothing.. and i dont have access to a new charger, maybe try universal chargers? just make sure the voltage and current are the same.

Its really making me go nuts.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Well, ive tried diferent contacts around the house and plug it in every way posible and nothing.. and i dont have access to a new charger, maybe try universal chargers? just make sure the voltage and current are the same.

Its really making me go nuts.

You can test your charger using a multimeter, electronics shops and repair centers most probably have one. If you test the charger and it's working, then the problem is the tablet.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Yes you need a 9v @ 2amp charger. I got a car charger that had adjustable voltages and several tips and it worked very well. At work I use a bench top adjustable generic power supply and it also works well. Any good source of 9v should be OK. Be sure to check tip polarity.

(It seems that the 8024 uses an A00 tip (iGo) the same tip as Kindle 1 and the same as some sprint phones.)

I bet you could check the charger out using a 12V automotive bulb. It may be a little dim (if the charger is working) but it will also tell you if the charger is dead.

Last edited:

2ricardo3

Nov 4, 2011
Im sorry, i did not reply this topic on time.

The next day i openned up this thread i found what was happening. Im so ashamed to say it and admit im a noob but.. i was pluggin the charger in to the 3.5mm jack so... OF COURSE IT WOULD NOT CHARGE.. shame on Coby too, they shouldnt make the charger cable fit in the 3.5mm jack too!

Still, thanks everyone! I got on school finals and all that stuff so i didnt give myself the time to reply here. Sorry again.