My new 7022 freezes when it goes to sleep

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
Hello everyone. I have a question. My new 7022 is basically locking up when it goes to sleep. Only way I can get it back is to hit the reset button and then its fine. Surely I shouldn't have to do this everytime. I could turn off the sleep but my battery is going to suffer those consequences. Anyone know a fix? This is the only issue I've run across so far. Other than that the tablet is great.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
My 8024 often turns off while sleeping and has to be restarted (not reset). Could yours be just powering off?

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
No I have to reset it. The power on off button doesn't work

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
No I have to reset it. The power on off button doesn't work

Try resetting the device to factory. You will lose ur apps n what not but it will determine if its something u installed. I believe that it's under privacy in settings.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

zac

Mar 8, 2011
same here .. picked it up yesteday and it freezes up at sleep .. the darn thing don't allow to remove the time limit on sleep ... max is 30 mins

Is there a fix for it ?? may be a different version of the firmware ?? Can somebody who actually resolved this issue chime in please..

Best regards

Last edited:

maylea

Jul 22, 2011
same here .. picked it up yesteday and it freezes up at sleep .. the darn thing don't allow to remove the time limit on sleep ... max is 30 mins

Is there a fix for it ?? may be a different version of the firmware ?? Can somebody who actually resolved this issue chime in please..

Best regards

I never really have had this issue but there are things I do that helps it wake up better. I have all the CurveFish widgets loaded. What is weird is it shows GPS as active which this thing does not have so I turn that to off. OK. So I also have Advanced WIFI lock as well. So, I keep my wifi from "sleeping" and I turn auto rotate off before placing my tablet down. Turning auto rotate off help with the issue of it waking as it wants to continually rotate when laying down which maybe this causes it to freeze. I also manually turn off and on the WIFI with the widget as desired to save battery. I also have auto sync turned off. The widgets makes this fast and easy. So, maybe I do not have freezes since I turn off auto rotate.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
I hate to even say this, but you do know that you have to hold the on buttin in for a while, don't you? Sometimes I think mine is broken, but it finally powers up.

zac

Mar 8, 2011
@rpcantrell : yes I noticed that even to start this thing I have to push that power button and hold it there untill I see the COBY on the screen.

@maylea: I have to try your method and see.. Also I noticed that once the auto rotate is set to ON the screen will randomly rotate .. don't know why ??

BTW I am a newbie to the adroid tablet world

My next task is to try to install the complete android market without rooting .

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
Well I know this sounds weird but it has worked for me. I installed a screensaver, disabled it (not uninstalled) , and set the screen timeout to 30 secs. Ive left the tablet sitting numerous times now and it has never frozen again while sleeping . The 30 sec timeout can be rather bothersome at times but now that it is fixed Im afraid to change it. At least it saves on my battery . Hope this helps :)

symon

Jul 21, 2011
Well I know this sounds weird but it has worked for me. I installed a screensaver, disabled it (not uninstalled) , and set the screen timeout to 30 secs. Ive left the tablet sitting numerous times now and it has never frozen again while sleeping . The 30 sec timeout can be rather bothersome at times but now that it is fixed Im afraid to change it. At least it saves on my battery . Hope this helps :)

which screensaver did you install?

symon

Jul 21, 2011
Looks like the screensaver didn't fix it but wifi lock did. Screen auto off is at 2 mins and wifi lock is always on. No freezes yet.

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
Doh ! I forgot to mention I also installed the wifi lock as well when I installed the screensaver along with changing the screen timeout. . Maybe wifi lock is the fix !:cool:

symon

Jul 21, 2011
Leaving the wifi on sucks up a lot of juice so I thought I would give a hard reset a try..

Hard reset..

No freezing at all. Turn on the wifi. Turn off the screen and after a minute only a soft reset would wake it back up. I think it's defective. I sent a note to Coby. Lets see what they say.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Leaving the wifi on sucks up a lot of juice so I thought I would give a hard reset a try..

Hard reset..

No freezing at all. Turn on the wifi. Turn off the screen and after a minute only a soft reset would wake it back up. I think it's defective. I sent a note to Coby. Lets see what they say.

I never got a reply back from them. Asked if they planned to add the tablet to their site (which they finally did) and asked if they planned to fix wifi and waking up issues. We should all team up and contact them for them to actually do something