My New Coby 7035-4

peachymang

Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys, I have been looking around the forums a bit and I'm sort of confused and overwhelmed. I just got a 7035-4 and i want to root it then get google play. Some forums i see roots and roms for 704x + but I haven't found anything for mine. Can someone point out where I can find the root and then the google play download? that's all i really want to do, im not big on ROMs for the tablet.. yet

thanks guys!

EDIT NOTES:
So, so far i found the kyros7035_root and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.. now what is this with the clockwork mod? and how do i install this google play in the gapps zip?

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
7035 tablets do not have ClockworkMod. The easiest way to get the Google apps onto the tablet is to copy them to your MicroSD, and then copy the files to their proper places using a file manager that has root capability. DO NOT INSTALL THEM. Then, reboot and be patient.

I recommend you take a moment and look in the forum for the other 7035 threads. In one of them I provide a link to a blog detailing which files are critical to get Google Play working on the tablet. I posted the link because I don't believe the 7035 has sufficient space to install the entire apps package.

jlsplinter

Dec 16, 2012
Is the 7035 any good? I found it very slow and Angry birds star wars will not run out of the box? Do I have to root it to make it run well. Also tryed temple run and it does not recognized the commands very well, it seems that it took a while to recognize the commands. Is 512mb RAM to little memory to run those games? I'm new to Android.

jlsplinter

Dec 16, 2012
So should I return it and get another one with more capacity or by doing the root thing I can give it more memory from an SD or something?