My sorry little tablet

Jun 27, 2012
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I did not see a category for my tablet. I have a Vimicro Flytouch 6 - I guess they also call this a Vortex? When I bought it, it was running ICS, after a factory reset it is now running froyo ( according to a little ap I downloaded from Google Play Store.) Also, now it does not seem to speak English anymore. Every word I type gets underlined in red as if I had spelled it wrong.

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of the firmware an how I would go about reinstalling it? I sure would appreciate any help I could get.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm going to move your thread there for you. That section of the forum is intended for folks who don't know what tablet they have and those like yourself who have a tablet that doesn't have a specific forum for it. Don't worry though, you'll have plenty of company there.
Spider:cool:

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
You know, my new Coby Kyros 9742 (running ICS) has the same language problem - I'm not sure what language it wants me to type in, but it's not english! I've tried looking at the dictionary and similar features in settings, but no luck yet. I'd be interested to know what you find out!
:rolleyes:

evelhorn

Apr 2, 2012
hey I just bought the amps a10 and after a factory reset it was all in chinese, after finally figuring out which setting was the language its back to its slow self. What I'm driving at is there is a setting you might need to change in fonts im guessing