My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

MrSmith317

Mar 16, 2011
So does that man you actually got the ft2 with two tf slots? The one I got has all the same specs and software stats but only has the one tf slot. I don't know if that means they found a way to trick the Android System Info app or just forgot my second slot.

Sent from my rooted wwe 10 using Android Tablet Forum App

DWC You have an FT3 or FT2 Generation 2 which only has 1 TF slot. The older generation had 2 TF slots.

you guys is lucky, most of you have OS 2.2. I received my SuperPad yesterday. But OS is 2.1, supplier said there is no way to upgrade to 2.2 or latest. My question is how to watch on FLV online if can't upgrade to 2.2? :(

If you actually got an FT2 or FT3(FT 2 Gen 2) then you can upgrade to Android 2.2(or what they're calling Android 2.2). Go here for the update . Just be wary of the bugs(most of which I listed in that thread and got banned for talking about)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Can you repost the link? That's the forum of a banned vendor, and unfortunately the link does not show up. They will ban you on that forum for speaking against their product. That's just one of the reasons they are banned.

I'll just copy paste

Greetings tablet users,

Please find below download links for the third edition of firmware released for the Superpad2 FlyTouch3.

This edition includes Adobe Flash 10.1 and also resolves the minor issues running Angry Birds in the previous firmware release.

To install the firmware, download the .zip on a PC from the link below. Extract the contents of the zip on a PC and copy the two files to the root directory of a formatted TF- Flash Card. Note* the root directory of the TF-card is the highest main directory location on the card, such as c:/ on a PC.

The two extracted files must be placed in the root directory of the TF-card. Insert the card in to the Superpad2 FlyTouch3 and power on the tablet. The installation will be automatic.

This firmware has been fully tested. It is still recommended to use the Vimeo+YouTube.apk for viewing video. You may now watch video directly within the browser using Flash, but the high quality of video playback with the Vimeo YouTube app is slightly better.
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/xjxr50uxf?redirect

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Thank you MrSmith. That has really been my only real question I have had so far. Couple of minor issues that I was able straighten out. Nothing that I couldn't find an answer to so far.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

MrSmith317

Mar 16, 2011
Can you repost the link? That's the forum of a banned vendor, and unfortunately the link does not show up. They will ban you on that forum for speaking against their product. That's just one of the reasons they are banned.

Dude that would've been helpful before they banned me(the first time). ;-) Also does anyone get the feeling this isn't real Android 2.2? I know it lists as such but I've had 2.2 on 2 different phones and this just doesn't feel right. No live wallpapers, crappy flash support, old Android market, no calendar sync etc... To me it feels like this is a custom compile of 2.2 instead of real Android 2.2

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If API level says 8, it is Android 2.2
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-system-info-display-device-information.html

Android refers to the open-source operating system. Within Android,
Live wallpapers is optional to build
Flash support depends on hardware
Android market and calendar sync are both part of Google mobile applications, which are not part of the open source portion of Android, but additional functionality added packaged by Google for partners. Neither Infotmic nor the your direct manufacturer are partners. Any Google apps have been grafted on.

81pony

Mar 5, 2011
;-) Also does anyone get the feeling this isn't real Android 2.2? I know it lists as such but I've had 2.2 on 2 different phones and this just doesn't feel right. No live wallpapers, crappy flash support, old Android market, no calendar sync etc... To me it feels like this is a custom compile of 2.2 instead of real Android 2.2

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I was thinking the same thing!

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I was going to try and answer sinister's original question and then actually read all the other posts after I had already posted. Now I can't delete this post while using my tablet. :)

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

androidworld

Mar 4, 2011
Could you let me know how to insert micro sd card in the sd slot . Do the metal contacts on micros sd card face the screen or face down towards the non-screen side ?

the metal contacts on micros sd card face down towards the non-screen side.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Why? I just received my Fly Touch 3. I tried to root it following you guys instructions. I did receive "USB debugging" enabling required. Then I proceed to do "Launcher Pro". I did not see "Development" shortcut at all. Why?

Thanks.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
When that notification pops up you need to hit the home button and then long press on an empty space on your backgound to get to the shortcut widget. Select shortcuts, then activities, then you have to scroll down (mine was the 60th one down the list) to development, select that one. I left the name as development but you can name it anything. Once it is on your desktop open it up and enable usb debugging. Hen you go back and finish rooting.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks. I found it.

I saw Adobe Flash Player was in the application list but it did not work at all. Hence I can not find many flash based applications, ie. Tango Video Calls. I bought this tablet for a specific reason to use video calls with parents. I also have a APAD 8 inch tablet. It has a full Flash Player support.

Is there any way we can upgrade this FT3 to accept AFP 10.1 or 10.2? I searched the answer. I found AFP 10.1 only supports minimum ARM 7 Cortex 8 CPU. FT3 is from that Chinese chip maker with ARM 6 (selling web site claimed ARM 11). I am not happy at all.

Any remedy?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
No, not really, until someone at adobe builds a lite version that works with a smaller cpu. I am not really holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon. I was upset about not getting the arm11 as well, but I am not wasting money sending it back and dealing with the hassel.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
THANK YOU FOR YOUR tips!!!

All Fly Touch 3 owners,

Please download this two system upgrade files. Followed the instructions. During the upgrade, you will even hear some strange buzzing noises. I was worried that I bricked the tablet. After the firmware upgrade, ADOBE FLASH PLAYER MAGICALLY WORKS!!!

I started to see all flash based applications shown on the Android Market. I am so excited. I do not have to return the tablet to that Chinese vendor!!!

It instantly become my darling toy again. I will buy more for family members.

Happy camper Maildrop

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Please see xaueious' post earlier. That is where I found those two firmware upgrades.