My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
How long does this update take?! This thing has been vibrating with a blank screen for like 10 minutes.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
How long does this update take?! This thing has been vibrating with a blank screen for like 10 minutes.

less than 10 minutes. you will see one of the file automatically run as soon as it boots up.

the screen actually shown it is running an update. i ignoreed it for a few minutes. then it buzzed. i shut down the tablet and reboot.

the second file ran. it took less than 2 minutes to show the task finished.

i rebooted it again and voila. a new home screen and everything.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
dwcunpluged and maildrop. I am very close to buy (today- if i get an answer) a flytouch 2 2nd gen or flytouch 2. the question is not, which one to go for. please let me know your opion. to clarify I have got a chance to buy an used original flytouch 2 with keyboard-case and 16gb card for the same price as flytouch 2 2nd gen. I was reading this website for few days know. Thank you btw. for all the info. Now I need this last push.

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
dwcunpluged and maildrop. I am very close to buy (today- if i get an answer) a flytouch 2 2nd gen or flytouch 2. the question is not, which one to go for. please let me know your opion. to clarify I have got a chance to buy an used original flytouch 2 with keyboard-case and 16gb card for the same price as flytouch 2 2nd gen. I was reading this website for few days know. Thank you btw. for all the info. Now I need this last push.

i do not own ft2. however i would not buy a ft2 at all because it is android 2.1 built-in. it does not suppot adobe flash player 10.1 and above. i purchased a ft3 thinking it is a android 2.2 with a full adobe flash player 10.1 and above support. it came out not like what i expected. luckily board's master shown me two firmware upgrades to solve the issues i have. wheeeee! everything i expected from this ft3 came out alright.

go to ********** to buy the same one i ordered. the site has the best price i researched anywhere. you paid less than $190 after spending about $19 for DHL 5 day shipments. good luck. if you are not a value buyer like myself, i suggest yob buy ipad2. i ordered one bout yet to receive it. ipad2 definitely deserved its hype as many newly come out android tablets. not ipad1 however.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
thank you maildrop. to be honest i was bit worried that all the adverts aren't that correct. I was glad to read that flash works now on Ft3. I suppose it might never work on ft2 then. I don't like the spec either. Saying that I wish I could spent the money for ipad2, but this should be a "toy" for my little girl to watch some videos and play toddlers games etc. She already masters my HTC desire so should not have much problem with it. I found it in the uk for £135 inc delivery. How long did it take you to get one delivered? I need it for coming Friday latest.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
thank you maildrop. to be honest i was bit worried that all the adverts aren't that correct. I was glad to read that flash works now on Ft3. I suppose it might never work on ft2 then. I don't like the spec either. Saying that I wish I could spent the money for ipad2, but this should be a "toy" for my little girl to watch some videos and play toddlers games etc. She already masters my HTC desire so should not have much problem with it. I found it in the uk for £135 inc delivery. How long did it take you to get one delivered? I need it for coming Friday latest.

I oreder it a week ago (I think Saturday. China was a Sunday). I got it Thursday in California however I missed the delivery. They sent the goods Monday China Time. There is a risk however I need to let you know. Customs duty. I already passed twice however. It is not a concern to me.

Good luck.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010

I also do not own a first generation Flytouch, but there are some supposedly very good firmware updates and I think some custom ROMs that have received glowing reviews. But like maildrop already said Flash is still not supported. The first generation has a pretty good group of people here in this forum and other places offeringadvice and support specific to that tablet. The second generation tablet is still pretty new and so far only has general support. But the second generateion has flash player (if that is important.) What specifically do you plan to do with yours?

I love my tablet. I have no regrets in getting this tablet. A lot of the tools that work on the first generation Flytouch work on this one too, so that is a huge bonus. I would choose this one again if given the choice, BUT you have the opportunity to purchase a previously owned tablet that you know works. So depending on how much of a risk taker you are, I would think everything over real well before you decide.

Sorry I can't offer any better advice.

As an update to my earlier post, I finally got the update installed! My flash player is up and going qnd I was able to reinstall all my apps from Titanium backup app. His puppy is humming along.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
"""""""""As an update to my earlier post, I finally got the update installed! My flash player is up and going qnd I was able to reinstall all my apps from Titanium backup app. His puppy is humming along."""""""""

I am glad these two firmware upgrades work on your tablet too. I tried upgrade it to Adobe Flash Player 10.2. It did not work. I guess that is its limit. My APAD works on Adobe Flash Player 10.2. Anyway all flash based applications show up nicely.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I am very happy this worked too. Youtube works, but not the Youtube app. Now that I have flash I guess I reqlly couldn't ask for more :D

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
maildrop...could I kindly ask you to try https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zoodles.kidmode&feature=search_result
it is a simple toddler games collection. My little one loves it. Most of the games are flash, I would like to know if it works.
Also I am intending to download youtube videos to it and use for as video player on the road (for my child). Do they play ok. I am quite ok with android, I had HTC Desire for about a year now. It is rooted and I do have custom firmwares. I do understand that I can't expect the same from flytouch but hope for it to be good enough for litte girl. She is only two but now too clever to call or send text and start all the software from my desire.

dwcunpluged...thank you for your opinion. To be honest I like the deal described above where I can get the 16gb card and keyboard as well. I think it would be enough but I know myself, I would like to play with it so I would like the FL3 more then FL2.
Few more questions for you? CAn you connect the FL3 as a usb drive? How heavy it is? Does skype works with it? Can it be rootes?Sorry about all those questions but I need to justify the buy to my wife :)

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I was able to download Kid Mode app. Then I had a trouble play it. I got to the final choice to select a game to play . Then It flushed my FT3 out. I think the CPU processor is not fast enough to handle it. Anyway it struck to play the game I intended to play.

You best bet is this one with 8 inch screen and a still reasonable price. This is definitely full functional Adobe Flash Player support 10.1 and above. It is not a Chinese made CPU chip. It is a Samsung 1.2 GHZ CPU. Check out the video. It is pretty fast.

Tab T8-Black: Android2.2 Tablet PC, Flash10.1, Wifi, 8 Touch Screen, 1.2 GHz CPU, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 1080P HDMI Output

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I used my APAD with a full Adobe Flash Player support can play your KId Mode game without any issue.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
dwcunpluged...thank you for your opinion. To be honest I like the deal described above where I can get the 16gb card and keyboard as well. I think it would be enough but I know myself, I would like to play with it so I would like the FL3 more then FL2.
Few more questions for you? CAn you connect the FL3 as a usb drive? How heavy it is? Does skype works with it? Can it be rootes?Sorry about all those questions but I need to justify the buy to my wife :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Like I said, I love this tablet, I am just worried about future support from the manufacturer. I am sure we will figure out a way to make this work, but it is definitely nice to have at least some support (and I do mean in the way of updates and firmware, I am sure their customer service sucks a*s, but I am hoping they will at least offer support for a little while until someone else takes an interest and starts making custom ROMs.) I have been unable to use the tablet as a USB drive. I can mount my Huawei phone and look through it on the tablet, but I cannot get the tablet to link to the laptop. The actual weight of the tablet is listed on all the ads for the tablet, but the box says 1320 grams. I don't know if that is the total weight of the box for shipping or just the tablet.
I have not tried skype, but several people have asked that so I am going to try later to see if it works. And finally, yes, that tablet can be rooted. Mine is rooted using the Z4root. Instructions for how to root the tablet and for the root application are in my signature block.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Deposit Files

I got the latest "Android Market" working by following one contributor's post at XDA-Developers.

Here is the downloadable file. My "Android Market" moves from Version 1.82 to Version 2.2.11 by checking through Android System Infor app. Anyway still no luck about seeing more Flash based apps even I have the latest "Android Market".