My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Deposit Files

I got the latest "Android Market" working by following one contributor's post at XDA-Developers.

Here is the downloadable file. My "Android Market" moves from Version 1.82 to Version 2.2.11 by checking through Android System Infor app. Anyway still no luck about seeing more Flash based apps even I have the latest "Android Market".

Update........

I found we may not see those apps from "Android Market". As long as we can find "apk" files somewhere, we can install apps. without an issue if we pulled out our MicroSD card /USB flash card beforehand.

This finding sloved my personal issue with Fly Touch 3. With this tablet's other functions, it is one of the best value vs quality tablets one can find anywhere.

++++++++++++
Here is the file I can not find / download from the latest "Android Market" version 2.2.11. However I located the "APK" file I was looking for, I installed it without an issue.

Here is the file to download for the forum.

ooVoo Video Calls

http://depositfiles.com/files/w06owyv4k

Have fun.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I would be very surprised if the tablet itself actually was 1320 grams :D

Usually they are about 700 grams at this size

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
LOL. I will have to take your word on the weight. I figured that was probably the shipping weight, but my skills with weights smaller than a pound are nonexistent.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Fly Touch 3 is haeavier than other lightweighted APADs. I think the reason behind it is that, besides 2 larger batteries and those extra features, Infotmic's processer was not optimized for power saving or simply lacking power saving features though an ARM Processor. Infotmic x220 processor acts more like an Intel processor to generate raw power first then power saving. Hoefully the manufacturers can ask Infotom to do the best they can to improve power saving features. Having such large size batteries but only last such a short time indicated Infotom is still inexperienced to compete........

Anyway I got the lastest Angry Bird Rio installed on my FT3. It worked beautifully. Here is the file. I tried installing AirAttack HD but failed however. :-(

Deposit Files

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Small correction. I believe they are still using the x210.

I just checked they are using IMAPx200 chip from Infotmic per my Android System Infor app.

Chip IMAPx200 Processor Inside

Only X220 has a GPS function built in plus running 3D feature . So I changed my post again. The manufacturer is actually using X220 unless FT2 also has a GPS function built in.

Chip IMAPx220
IMAPx220 an ARM11 core-based high-performance multimedia applications processor. Its internal integrated GPS baseband processor, 2D/3D graphics, video processing, audio processing, display processing and scaling the strong performance of other hardware accelerator. 1080P HD video accelerator support the JPEG, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC1, RV8/9/10, DIVX4/5/6, XVID, and ON2 VP6 decoder and supports up to SXGA resolution JPG, MPEG4, H .263, H.264 encoding. In addition IMAPx22 also integrates 2D/3D graphics hardware accelerator, to meet with the effects of man-machine interface and 3D gaming applications. IMAPx220 integrated GPS baseband processor, users enjoy the Internet and entertainment services, while access to navigation. IMAPx220 use TSMC 65nm low power CMOS technology, CPU frequency up to 1Ghz. IMAPx220 can be applied to high-end hand-held multimedia devices, navigation devices, mobile Internet devices, netbooks, e-books and other consumer electronics.

+++++++++++

Chip IMAPx210
IMAPx210 an ARM11 core-based high-performance multimedia applications processor. Its internal integrated 2D/3D graphics, video processing, audio processing, display processing and scaling the strong performance of other hardware accelerator. 1080P HD video accelerator support the JPEG, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC1, RV8/9/10, DIVX4/5/6, XVID, and ON2 VP6 decoder and supports up to SXGA resolution JPG, MPEG4, H .263, H.264 encoding. In addition IMAPx210 also integrates 2D/3D graphics hardware accelerator, to meet with the effects of man-machine interface and 3D gaming applications. IMAPx210 use TSMC 65nm low power CMOS technology, CPU frequency up to 1Ghz. IMAPx210 can be applied to high-end hand-held multimedia devices, mobile Internet devices, netbooks, e-books and other consumer electronics.

++++++++++++
IMAPx200 an ARM11 core-based high-performance multimedia applications processor. Its internal integrated video processing, audio processing, display processing and scaling, and other performance powerful hardware accelerators. 1080P HD video accelerator support the JPEG, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC1, RV8/9/10, DIVX4/5/6, XVID, and ON2 VP6 decoder and supports up to SXGA resolution JPG, MPEG4, H .263, H.264 encoding. IMAPx200 low-power CMOS technology using TSMC65nm, CPU frequency up to 1Ghz. IMAPx200 can be applied to mobile Internet devices, netbooks, e-books and other consumer electronics.

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Quadrant said IMAPX200 Revision 5. Vivante Corp GC600 OpenGL Es-CM 1.1. BMA150 Acclerometer.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi guys, glad I finally worked out I have a superpad 2, and found this thread.
I am not sure which firmware I have, I got my pad about 2 weeks ago in same shipment with another pad for a friend.
Mine says ver: 20110316
His says: 20110302
From threads I have read, latest update is #3 and this is 20110302
Is this correct? I wanted to update my mates firmware to same as mine as his WiFi is not working well (He gets good signal, but it fails on allocating IP address repeatedly, works sometimes with switch wifi button off on)

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Some great progress on a custom rom happening over on apad dot tv forum.
/apadforum/showthread.php?309-New-rooted-ROM-more-to-come
Fixing screen brightness, sound output level, marketplace, ad-hoc networks, and loads more.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
wifi and etherne connection is an either or choice. make sure to clear both first before you select wifi choice again. reboot before you make yor choice.

install android system infor app. then go to dashboard to find ip addess. then use it to compare your ip address of your notebook or pc which use the same wifi network.

good luck.

eastiest way is to apply the post #17's firmware to start from scratch.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Fly Touch 3 is haeavier than other lightweighted APADs. ... Having such large size batteries but only last such a short time ...

680g is about the same as an iPad, and with a 10inch screen I personally think is reasonable.

I get 6.5 hours of full bright screen and wifi on mostly idle. 5 hours playing a xvid at full brightness and speaker volume wifi off. This is comparable to the iPad also. Sleep time sucks though wont even make it through the night, I just make a habit of powering off when I am not using it. Trying to find some way of auto shutdown when device goes into sleep mode but no luck yet. Tasker app is closest I have found, caus it has a trigger for screen off event (Also a great app for reducing battery load, you can have it turn things like GPS and WIFI on and off when particular apps are launched and subsequently when they are closed, and loads more, untested by me as yet.)

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I have one IPAD2, one Fly Touch 3 and one 8 inches Cortex 8 APAD. I know how long each and everyone lasts and how much weight each one has . :)

No doubt I love FT3's versatile capability.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
You have me beat, maildrop. I have the Huawei Ascend (phone) and a SuperPad II. I love my Ascend, but the tiny little screen kills me sometimes. If I could take my tablet everywhere ( i.e. tethered or with its own 3g capability) believe me when I say I would probably leave the phone at home or in my pocket. The weight is perfect, the size is phenomenal, and the battery life (while not really comparable to the phone) is great for everything I need.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
You have me beat, maildrop. I have the Huawei Ascend (phone) and a SuperPad II. I love my Ascend, but the tiny little screen kills me sometimes. If I could take my tablet everywhere ( i.e. tethered or with its own 3g capability) believe me when I say I would probably leave the phone at home or in my pocket. The weight is perfect, the size is phenomenal, and the battery life (while not really comparable to the phone) is great for everything I need.

We definitely need some developers to improve CPU processors's efficiency. That will make the battery lasts even longer. IPAD's CPU can last long because engineers wrote good codes. I have seen some resident posters/developers were willing to take on the tasks by asking the original codes from the manufacturers. I guess it is kind of "hit the air" instead. I guess no engineers are willing to admit they can not get the tasks done themselves. :)