My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

Discussion in 'SuperPAD II Firmware' started by sinistersnipe, Mar 5, 2011.

1. NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie Member

Tablet / Device:
    Flytouch II
    30 days into the life of my flytouch:

Just thought I'd share a bit of our experience with the flytouch 3 pads. Wife and I got a pair of them about a month ago from a chinese dealer site called dhgate. they got here pretty quickly. the pads themselves, like everyone knows, were stuck in china mode ( all things pointing to the People's Land). Without a good fix for the android market place, my wife downloaded apps through amazon apps. got angry birds by the time I woke up the next morning. oh and the wireless connected easy.

The actual devices is the DISCO with 4g hdd 512ram and android 2.2

Can't seem to get any good working phone/chat programs. That caused me to flash(?) mine with Tim4e. That was so easy as to be scary, copied it to a 2g micr-sd, stuck it in, turned on the player and like 20 min later she was ready to roll. Now my GPS works ( with some free gps stuff from android mkt plc) but also appears to be in conjunction withe the 3G (which I havent explored yet) and I can't activate it with a local carrier. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

The power plugs went bad pretty quickly, but we bought generics and solved that one. Mine is still a bit funny charging (seems like the contact has to be turned a certain way) but they seem to last a long time ( not timed) so no complaints there. All in all, I'd rate my flytouch experience to be about a 6.5 to 7. As a side note, my sister has an i-pad, doesn't know as much about tech as I, and says she can't get anything to work. For our money the flytouch is great, if you think outside the box.

NGE

2. olanature

olanature Member

Tablet / Device:
    flytouch 3 and 4
    hello, i just got this flytouch 3 from dhgate and when i put it on, it only show andriod world, it does boot beyond that, what should i do?

3. paulsam7

paulsam7 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Flytouch 3; Nexus 7
    First, a question: After it says "Android World", does it ever start an animated version of that logo (sparkly fireworks in a kind of sine-wave, then revealing the words)? My FT3 (also purchased through DHGate) sometimes gets hung up before getting to the animation; I simply turn it off, wait about 10 seconds, turn it back on, and pray :).

The next thing to try would be the reset button (tiny button on the bottom edge of the case, to the right.) If that doesn't work, there are other ways of rebooting the firmware (holding several buttons at once.) I can't remember off the top of my head what that sequence is; I suggest you do a search here for "reset" or "reset to factory."

4. csharryman

csharryman Member

My tablet has a loud static noise from the speakers. I fix it by plugging in a set of headphones. just putting a jack/or even a cut off piece of a cheap set of headphones into the jack will make mine stop making the noise. However if the power cable and head phone jack aren't inserted then the whole thing shuts down! lol. Otherwise the thing is the best dollar for dollar purchase I have ever made.

5. Chrille

Chrille Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ainol Novo elf, OEM M7206
    I had the same problem with my M7206 tablet. Continous disconnects. It was solved by changing my TP-link router settings. My router default channel-width was set to 40 Mhz, i changed it to 20 Mhz and the problem disapperared. I think the problem is that the Wifi in the tablet are set to the N-standard (uses 40MHz) in software but do only support G-standard =54 Mbit (uses 20Mhz) in hardware. Do you have a TP-link router?

The reason why i think it only support G-standard is because i had the same problem when tweaking my (old) SE X8 mobilephone. I set it to the N-standard and had the same problem. (it only supports G-standard in hardware)The phone reconnected and disconneced continous. When reading at Xda-forums it was only people with TP-link routers that had this problem.