my tablet takes on a live of it's own when placing sim-card (help)

vlechtje

Sep 19, 2011
this weekend i recieved my huawei s7 tablet, and before i go raging on how about it drives me crazy atm. i just want to say it's awsome it's a freaky sience-fiction like gadget thingie, wich in my eyes is like a magic box!!!

only for one issue: when i put in a sim-card and let it connect to 3g it takes on a live of it's own, the screen jerks, it starts apps. and then goes arround screwing up my twitter app by following/unfollowing and blcking people @random or entering garbage tweets and sending them. or it opens my browser enter some nonsense text in the searchbar and perform a google search :S when i'n in irc it throws me arround between the server console and the active channels, or the keyboard apears/dissapears and is again typing all sorts of nonsense.

do any of you know what can be the cause of this behavior or has any experience with it?

i got the tablet brand new with a t-mobile deal and i only got it since last saterday. i called the store and they said i can pickup a new one this saterday, but now i'm a bit doubtfull becuase my first contact with a s7 (or any tablet for that matter) ended in the aforementioned debacle :s

so some help wanted if you know what happend to my tablet, or just some advice to take my doubt away :d

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
You need to unlock, root and flash upgrade to Android 2.2.Before you do read these forum stickies and understand what you are doing. If you can't do that then try a new one from T-mobile.Until you get it try a factory reset.

vlechtje

Sep 19, 2011
hey pa49, thanks for your reaction.

the factory reset sadly had no effect :( i have read the topics about upgrading to 2.2 and it seems perfectly doable, but since it's under full warranty and i'm really busy at my work this week, i decided to let T-mobile solve the issue for now :D (and i don't know if i void my warranty by installng a new os)

i don't know if a new tablet will give the same problems, but the store i got it from has a technical department (called geek-squad :D) so they may have a go at it first :D and if it works just fine and i like using it (wich i'm almost sure i will), i will do the upgrade myself when work slows down a bit.

thanks again for now and if there are new developments i let you know.

ps. sorry for my dodgy typing i'm not really used to typing long posts in english