My tablet will not charge?

123heather

Dec 17, 2011
I just received 2 Mid 7-inch Pc tablets and both will not charge? The red light comes on for about 1 min then shuts off? Don't know whats wrong? Does anyone kn ow what is wrong/ are the both defective?

Toronto416

Dec 26, 2011
I have a total of 5 of these devices and to date I've had only 1 device with a similar issues...

My Problem: The first AC/DC adapter was not charging the device when it was turned off (red light/charging indicator on the tablet was not on)
I had an extra AC/DC adapter with a built in indicator light, that I decided to use. All of a sudden the second AC/DC adapter stopped working...

Solution: I went to THE SOURCE/RADIO SHACK and purchased a "more reliable" charger, 9v, 800mA . I noticed the device would charge (red indicator ON) for a few minutes (10 minutes) then stop... this was when the device was turned off... However I have now turned the device on and have gone into the settings to view the battery status... it continues to switch between Charging Mode and Full Mode.... but it continues to charge as long as the device is left on....It appears charging WILL NOT WORK in hibernation mode as well...
So, in this instance, charging will work only if the device is left on....

Good Luck, please continue to share your feedback