My used Sylvania SYNET7LP did not come with a camera

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Isn't this supposed to have a camera? I got it from Ebay. Wondering if I got hosed. Also, won't upgrade. Gives an error code. Any tips? Is there a ROM I can flash to this to upgrade it?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
hello, neither the 7" tab or 10" tab doesn't come with any camera at all, however, the tab works remarkably well if it have the 2.2 update; there is an error ion all Sylvania Taba that wont allow to get the update done over the air (ota), but still you update via an as card put a more easy way such us burning directly with the use of a PC; check the forum to understand more regarding the update procedure and to understand more regarding this tablet.... it has potential

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
I upgraded both tablets (I have both them both) and used beta 3.ius....is there a more recent version that works better?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
of course it is, mine its in beta4, and there it appears a beta5, and a beta5.1; altought beta4 has given me excellent results, but IM looking to install the beta 5.1 to see if the auto rotation works

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I wouldn't install the beta 5_1 yet. it has a lot of problems and isn't very stable. I tried it and went back to beta 4

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
its the same thing like the beta5, the rotation icon is missing, and the only new thing is that on the infotm screen at the beginning, it shows the kernel version, the rest its the same, so IM sticking with beta4 at the moment again; also IM really staying to think that the ex version its missing sensor hardware, so its not just a software, its a mix of both

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
I looked through the forums. I found the 3 beta, but not the beta 4 or 5 or 5.1. Is there a link somewhere to see them to choose from them?

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Also, I remember reading something about the L7 and the beta4 not being compatible. Which is the best version for which tablet? I do have one of each. I am using 3 in both.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
beta4 link you can find it over the forum, you have to search for it, I got it from a thread from cfrockit regarding update 2.2, so its there, and like I said before, the one to go is beta4, altought there are some versions of beta4, the one for the ex tablet without rotation sensor and HDMI output (aka cvs version), and beta4 for the one that comes with rotation and HDMI, check your here to see which one you have

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Thankyou all. Both are updated and working fine. I put 5_1 in the one with the HDMI port and the beta4 in the other. The missing things in the 5_1 are the screen tilt and the HDMI.

The screen at start-up is different.

My experience is it's not as stable as the other version. In 5_1, when attempting to move contents to the SD card, I get the error that my SU permissions are not appropriate on the white board. I cannot move contents to the SD card in either OS, beta4, or 5. I don't know if this is me or ? Any suggestions are appreciated.