My Verizon with Xoom

bboybob23

Jul 26, 2011
OK so I just bought a Xoom on the verizon network two weeks ago and the salesperson told me about the my verizon app and how I could monitor my data usage and whatnot. So I went to create a "My Verizon" account so I could do this but apparently you need a verizon phone number to activate it. The problem is that I still use att for phone service and don't have a verizon number. Is there a way to get this account going so I can monitor data useage without having a verizon phone?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I could be wrong here but when I had a data account with Verizon it did have a phone number associated with it. Maybe check your bill or paperwork.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

bboybob23

Jul 26, 2011
Hmm, alright I'll check that when my next bill comes in, thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
the app kinda stinks you need to goto verizon wireless on a browser,and sign in.from there you can view your usage.i know it works i do it all the time.

mah817

Mar 3, 2011
If you haven't figured it out by now, you have to call Verizon support and they have to manually enter the information for you. Sucks to have to do it this way but it does work on the unit once they set it up.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I could be wrong here but when I had a data account with Verizon it did have a phone number associated with it. Maybe check your bill or paperwork.
You are correct, and that number is noted on the paperwork received with the device.

Jim