My wifi is connected but tablet is acting like I have no internet!

Aderdade

Jul 23, 2012
I have had this tablet for almost a year now. We got new internet service and I made sure that the password I entered was correct. The tablet show that I am connected but the Play Store will not load. Also, apps like Pandora, Netflix, and the Amazon App-store will also not load. Funny thing is that all of these apps will not work but my plain browser picks up the internet signal and I have limited ability to browse through there. But a error message pops up every few seconds. Please help! I love my tablet, but I think the new upgrade has messed it up!:(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have had this tablet for almost a year now. We got new internet service and I made sure that the password I entered was correct. The tablet show that I am connected but the Play Store will not load. Also, apps like Pandora, Netflix, and the Amazon App-store will also not load. Funny thing is that all of these apps will not work but my plain browser picks up the internet signal and I have limited ability to browse through there. But a error message pops up every few seconds. Please help! I love my tablet, but I think the new upgrade has messed it up!:(

Welcome to the forum Aderdade

That's pretty strange and there are only very few explanations. I'd like to suggest you find a public hotspot and see if it works there to rule out your tablet but it sounds like the router is at fault.

When you use the browser, what types of problems are you having? The Play Store and Amazon don't work well if you're behind a proxy server as they have difficulty identifying your device correctly. But that doesn't sound like the problem. It's also possible the new modem has a firewall that's blocking it.

Not certain where to go from here other than what I have said, unless you can provide additional information.