My WM VIA 8650 tablet review - [Eken M009S?]

Labsownyou

Mar 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to my review of what I believe to be a Eken M009S. This 7" tablet is running perfectly for me. I understand why some people have had bad experiences, as the stock firmware sucks. It's horridly slow and completely unusable. Anyway enough chat now for the review.

I'm not sure what this is - a factory firmware or a customized version of the factory firmware - either way, I like it. I'll include the link to where I got the download at the bottom.

-OS
The operating system is NOT the real android 2.2. It claims to be android 2.2 but trust me, it's not. If you're looking for Live Wallpapers, look elsewhere. I think there will be a rooted release soon, as is says they're working on it. That would a great addition to an awesome $95 tablet!

-Touch Screen
Yet another great thing of this firmware is the touch screen. I have to say, it's more responsive then it was before. Yeah, you still have to push down but it responds better. Oh, and it is more accurate(not that calibrating the touch screen wouldn't do that.)

*No multitouch*

-Apps
*There is no Android market - yet. I believe that will be in the modded version coming soon(not sure though.)

*Angry Birds does play. I'm really happy because what else would I do? :p

I don't know what else to say, so here's where I found the firmware.

Edit: I realized I can watch tv on it, and even though it doesn't have the best display it runs pretty smooth. I'm not 100% sure if it supports flash or not. I can't watch full flash shows, but it does update the screen every 10 or so seconds.

Link to MUCH better Firmware: ***

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login

Thanks,
Labsownyou

*** I do NOT own this firmware. I just use it because it makes my tablet more awesome. Consider this free advertising. ***

Last edited: