NC locking up completely, won't boot (multiple ROMs)

oldweasel

Mar 22, 2011
Question for those of you trying multiple mods: Have you ever had the Nook Lock up completely during reboot?

Under CM& and Froyo (but not HC) I have rebooted the NC and it gets to the "Future of Reading" screen then....just stops.

Let it sit 15 min last time and it was just stuck. Reboot - no change - it's like the boot sector was corrupted somehow.

Have NOT had this happen under HC, but might just be a coincidence.

Only way to fix the issue is to re-image - has anyone else seen this issue and / or resolved it other than a reimage?

Is there a way to format my boot sector and "clean slate" things?

Any help appreciated, need a stable ROM for the wife and kids and HC is still in its infancy as far as app support is concerned.

NOTE: Tried restoring back to Stock using the system / data / cache wipes + 9 reboot method, but my STOCK image also locks up on boot, wondering if this is a clue of some sort..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

oldweasel

Mar 22, 2011
Correct, installed the recovery image (after wiping system, data, & cache), then did the 9 reboots, waited for the NooK image restore, then tried to restart - immediate "hang".

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Correct, installed the recovery image (after wiping system, data, & cache), then did the 9 reboots, waited for the NooK image restore, then tried to restart - immediate "hang".

You shouldn't be doing the 9 reboots thing after wiping data and cache, or if you have clockwork recovery installed. I think that is the problem. Use this to revert to stock or to load on a new rom: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

This will make a bootable CWR 3.0.0.5 image on an sdcard. Only certain roms will work with 3.0.0.5, so you will need to install one of those ones and then update CWR from that rom before installing a newer rom like UD or CM7.

Can you boot into recovery now? What version of CWR does it say it is if you can boot into it?