NC network speeds slow

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I was sitting in my recliner checking WiFi speeds with the rooted NC. Using Speedtest.net it showed 3500 kbps down and about 1000 up. Checking it with my iPhone 4 immediately after using the same speedtest app, (only for the iPhone of course) it shows 12301 down and 1142 up. No matter how many times I check it it will always be way slower on the NC. Just wondering why and if there is any way to speed things up.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Really amazing speed for the Iphone if its the real downloading speed, cause this sounds really like te speed a pc would have and not a mobile device.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.300Mhz

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Well the Iphone is indicating exactly the speed that I'm paying for through Charter cable and that is the same speed that my Mac Mini reports give or take a few. The networking speeds on the Nook are plenty adequate but always slower, just curious that's all. It almost feels like everything is going through a bottle neck.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I was sitting in my recliner checking WiFi speeds with the rooted NC. Using Speedtest.net it showed 3500 kbps down and about 1000 up. Checking it with my iPhone 4 immediately after using the same speedtest app, (only for the iPhone of course) it shows 12301 down and 1142 up. No matter how many times I check it it will always be way slower on the NC. Just wondering why and if there is any way to speed things up.

For those doubting type people out there.

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/132347896.png

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I know it is sort of beside the point, but what exactly are you trying to do with your Nook that you need max throughput?

For the record I get ping 720ms, down 4.34Mbps, up 1.39 Mbps on my original iPhone with the speedtest app and ping 67ms, down 12.96Mbps, up 1.35Mbps on my nook through Dolphin mini browser.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I know it is sort of beside the point, but what exactly are you trying to do with your Nook that you need max throughput?

For the record I get ping 720ms, down 4.34Mbps, up 1.39 Mbps on my original iPhone with the speedtest app and ping 67ms, down 12.96Mbps, up 1.35Mbps on my nook through Dolphin mini browser.

I'm not trying to do anything in particular other than to establish how fast the Nook can pass data through it. You did however get me thinking about the speedtest app, and that appears to be the "bottleneck". I went to the speedtest.net page in the Dolphin browser and ran the same test and it reported my true speed. So, I guess its just a crappy app. Thanks for the help. It would appear that the Nook can handle data pretty fast after all.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
If I want to see true speed at any device, I just download a big file from a good server.
There you know.