NC Power Charger & USB charging issues?

Sep 24, 2010
Day 3 of owning my NC I noticed the NOOK logo on the USB cord doesn't come On anymore. IT WAS PLUG INTO THE NOOK charging it before it died. I checked the outlets and even plugged my phones USB cord into the NOOk charger, dead.

I plugged the NOOK USB into my PC to charge over night and the NOOK logo does not go green, seems like it's always charging. Any else run into this issue?

$chargingm.jpg

Thanks

Note: not my pic.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The nook will not charge from the usb (unless you have a spcial usb port). It must be plugged into the wall to charge. Sometimes it takes a really long time to charge if you drained it all the way. Leave it plugged into the wall overnight and see if it charges to 100%.

JP

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks. I did leave it overnight. I'll try it again. Just concerned I had a power surge that took out the NOOK's AC charger when it was plugged in w/ the NC, hope it didn't damage my NC. For the PC USB charging I have "Asus AI" installed on my old Dell (only thing that charges the iPad 2, not sure if it makes a difference). I do see the animated battery icon on my NC CM7 charging.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks. I did leave it overnight. I'll try it again. Just concerned I had a power surge that took out the NOOK's AC charger when it was plugged in w/ the NC, hope it didn't damage my NC. For the PC USB charging I have "Asus AI" installed on my old Dell (only thing that charges the iPad 2, not sure if it makes a difference). I do see the animated battery icon on my NC CM7 charging.

If you have the juice to charge an iPad you should be ok. As you know most usb ports don't though. Also try a different outlet to be sure. You won't know if you have a charger issue until you've tried a long charge though.

Check the tips of the nook usb cable make sure there are no bent contacts. also check the charger usb slot. If none of that works you may want to see about an exchange.

JP

Sep 24, 2010
No go on the GREEN light. Returning it today. :(

I'm going to order a refurbished one on overstock.com for $199. Father's Day special?!