NC Unstable Suddenly

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I'm running CM7 7.0 stable release, with an OC kernel. The device was just fine, but has gotten jittery in the past couple hours; video crackles and stutters occasionally, the home screen came up out out of whack once, and it seems to be running warmer.

I did go to the new screenshot-friendly kernel yesterday--could that be the issue? It was fine right after I flashed the kernel.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing these issues, and/or has any idea how to fix?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Clearing cache didn't help, so I tried going back to the 4/4 kernel. But after that I got stuck in a reboot loop.

So I re-flashed the CM7 ROM, and the 4/4 kernel. It rebooted successfully, and I'm letting it rest and recharge before I mess with it any more.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I was running Dalligrin's CM7 041311A kernel. Now I've gone back to the previous kernel, to see if it will make a difference.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Well, I thought it had settled down and was working right again, but just now it did a series of 'forced closed' errors, on Titanium, Superuser, and finally, Zeam--at which point the home screen was blank other than the CM7 bottom menu.

After a reboot, it seems Ok again, but I'm concerned that it's acting up so much after being stable for so long.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Might be time to wipe it and start with a fresh install of the ROM.