Nearly have my MID8127 rooted, but need some help

andyberlin

Jan 8, 2012
I've made substantial progress on my own, but now I need some help. At the moment I have shell root and some of the rooting apps installed.

I've managed to prepare and flash an insecure boot image, so that the ro.security property is permanently off. I had to compile my own mkbootimg executable for windows which uses the correct page size. Man, that was a job and a half!

I've also got su and busybox installed with appropriate permissions, as well as CWM Recovery. su works over the adb bridge (but not from the terminal emulator), so I should be able to change anything else I need. I've put root lines in the /etc/passwd and /etc/gp files, as suggested in one solution. But I still can't get rooted. Root check and Titanium Backup both say there is no root access.

I could probably just ask for and flash a pre-rooted mod, but dammit, I want to do it myself. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Andy

Update: No sweat. Done it. All I had to do was download JB-SuperSU.zip from 4Shared and flash it to the tablet with CWM Recovery and it was rooted! :eek:

I'll review the process and post a how-to in a few days.

Last edited: