need 2.1!!!

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
all the links i have seen for the official 2.1 are to huawei's website and don't work. i haven't found it by searching on here, another forum, or using google. everything just links to huawei's website, which doesn't do me any good right now. first i tried partitioning the internal storage and messed that up, but got it fixed. last night i tried the kernel upgrade to overclock my s7-104. everything went south from there. i got the "force close or wait" screen. i've tried a few different roms to load a new rom via SD card. all i get is a white bar across the screen for a few minutes, then the lights flash non-stop and nothing happens. if i take the SD card out, it says "update failed, try again" or something like that. from what i have found, i need to load 2.1 from the SD card to get it running again. any help on a link or if someone can e-mail it to me, that would be awesome!

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
ok, perhaps i've done more damage than i realize. i loaded that file onto the microSD card (dload folder with the two files). popped it in my s7, no cables connected, installed battery, pushed power button, got the white bar for about a second or two, then the screen went blank. none of the front buttons or volume buttons do anything. pressing the power button again causes the front buttons to light up, but still nothing on the screen. how screwed am i?

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
ok, determined that i'm a half tard. my cat must have stepped on the power switch for the power strip i had the S7 charger plugged into so when i thought the battery was charging, it wasn't. now i'm just getting the white bar again, nothing else. how long should an update take?

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
17 different roms and i finally got one to work! at least it sort of works. the white status bar actually had the red hashes and said "OK" when it filled up. now it's stuck on the "HUAWEI S7" boot screen.