Need a CPU setting

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I finally did again the SD card with CM7 and I booted and at first I was able to install you tube and another app.and you tube was working perfectly but I couldn't, open any other app. Today I changed something in the settings that just made sense to me at the moment and now everything is working. I'm going to figure out what I did, it might serve somebody else. But now I have few questions.
The browser,dolphin HD is super slow I can take a nap waiting for the page to open when I'm on the internet .I set up CPU as for JP on his thread about CM7 bootable but then I change it and it's a little faster but nothing to brag about. Is there a way to wake it up a little or when. I use the internet I go back to stock? I have other questions but one at the time.
Gloria

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Gloria, you might have needed to uncheck and check the allow unknown apps box. YOu can try rebooting and see if that clears whatever might be slowing your browser down. If not, you may want to try Dolphin Mini instead of HD.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I was just thinking of that, to try another browser. The Dolphin HD keep crushing also. It has been fun though so far getting to know everything, it's like to have a new lover .....exciting! !
Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
CM7 is pretty nice. I like that it is responsive, uses flash, netflix works and you have the awesome tablet soft buttons.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
This new lover is giving me some problems though,I hate to have to go back to the old one!! I' m back to stock right now, sitting at Starbucks and I' m connected but I cannot connect to the At&T Wifi when I boot into the CM7 card.. Hope there is a way. Also somerhing curious is happening on CM7 that is cool actually....I feel like I' m using my phone because if I open the gallery on the nook ,I see all the pics I have on the phone. So I guess I share apps with my phone because I used the same setting to log into Google for both phone and nook? I don' t see Netflix on the market ,I have to look for that thread that explain everything about it and then I think I rememberI have to download an app if I want to be able to take a screenshot....I have to post one in CM7!!!!!
I'm waiting with bated breath to have everything working when I boot from the card!
Gg

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure about the AT&T wifi, haven't tried that. Netflix should be in the regular Android Market and you will also need to download the latest flash. Other than that you shouldn't have to d anything to get netfilx working. Yes, CM7 does sync the gallery if you have Picasa or possibly other sharing sites for photos. It is a little spooky at first when you aren't expecting it but pretty cool once you see it works.

Right now I am using Shootme for screen pics and it seems to work fine with CM7 7.0.3. Also don't forget some of the basics like Titanium Backup and Samba to help make life easier :D

JP

beastman

May 8, 2011
When you connect at starbucks, open the browser and agree to there terms. You can search for starbucks in the market. There is an apk to automatically take care of agreeing to their terms

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Beastman thank you,I guess it was just a bad day for my CM7 card because today I had no problem to connect.
The problem is that there is good boot with this card where all my apps are working and I can install more if I want to and then next time I boot with the card in, nothing is working really, something is not right. Right now,everything is working. I installed Opera
mini browser and is fast! I went online to try it and I went on the tablet forum,I wrote this whole message and I couldn't post it, I would get the message that it wasn't long enough .....probably because the browser compresses the messages in order to be faster,anything I can do? I would like to keep Opera.
Every time I boot with the CM7 SD card, I get the same notification :-Google Talk authentication failed, is it normal?
Gg

beastman

May 8, 2011
I don't know as I don't have the same tablet as you. I just posted what I discovered at starbucks, dq, other places.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The problem is that there is good boot with this card where all my apps are working and I can install more if I want to and then next time I boot with the card in, nothing is working really, something is not right... Every time I boot with the CM7 SD card, I get the same notification :-Google Talk authentication failed, is it normal?
Gg

Definately not normal. I would say that you either have something slightly off with the SD card that might require reformatting it or the install didn't quite go right. I know you have limited access to a PC for making the SD card but your best option is probably to power down, remove the card and boot into stock 1.2. Then insert the card and format in the Nook. Once you have a clean card repeat the process in the first post to create the bootable CM7 Sd card.

If you have a second SD card that you are not using you could try to format that and then do the process so you don't lose what you already have. Once you have the second card working successfully you can reformat the first card to get it back to a normal data card.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I was lucky,I had time this morning and my friend as well so I went to the whole process again and I just finished to set up everything and everything seems to be fine, even the dolphin hd is fast,much better than with stock.I'm sooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the push .....but let me go play a little more with my new nook!Gloria