Need a Good Music Player App with Eq and Playlists

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I'm looking for a music play app. I was wondering if there was any app that has a good working equalizer and the ability to make and save playlists. I liked player pro but the eq doesn't work very well or at all sometimes. Right now I'm testing poweramp and the eq works great. But just starting today it has been crashing constantly on my htc evo. I would love to find a music app that would allow me to create a playlist and save the playlist as well. The reason for this is that I could make a playlist once on my thrive tablet and take the saved playlist file and upload it to dropbox and load it on my htc evo. That way I only have to make the list once. Would save a bunch of time creating multiple playlists for my different types of music.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Android Tablet Forum

droidfellow

Apr 13, 2012
How about winamp pro version has eq, playlist, and what I like about it most is wifi sync. With the wifi sync you can create your playlist then sync it to whatever device you like. I have it on my droid 2 global, and my new shiny sony tablet S

baffir

May 12, 2012
I'm also looking for a good player that can create playlists. I use Sonos and Spotify but they haven't playlist function for tablets. Any ideas?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I use PowerAmp as well. Just report the crashes to the app dev and they push updates pretty quickly. I also use Equalizer+ (paid app) to further tweak my audio.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi
I recently refalshed my Onda VI 40 with V1.1 angel, it came with play music preinstalled its a bit like Itunes but with a clearer and more user friendly interface, its the best music app I have used, very easy to navigate has an equliser feature and you can create lists, repete and shuffle at will.

good luck all

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
you should try winamp pro... or even the free version of winamp... sound quality is good and there is no need to adjust it actually...

stevovr

Jan 13, 2013
i use ZPlayer. I have it on my oneX and sideloaded it on to my Kobo Arc. Far and away the best music app.

paul72

Sep 9, 2012
I have tried most of the players and keep coming back to power amp although over the last few weeks it has crashed quite a few times and not sure whether it's that app or the standard music player. Either way power amp is by far the most accurate and the equaliser is by far the most responsive to any changes.

jrclen

Dec 12, 2013
Great question. I spent the afternoon installing and uninstalling apps to play music. I had two requirements. The app must play wma files, as my wife has over 100 cd's ripped to that format. And the app must play the music from the external SD card. I tried all the big names mentioned by the reviews I read and the searching I did. None did both those things. Finally I found Ultimate Media Player by Champion Apps. It actually found my albums on the SD card and played the songs. It's not glitzy or cool, but it works.