Need a new wall charger for the 8024

big_matt

Sep 9, 2011
My mom purchased an 8024 for me for by b-day a few months ago from HSN, along with their protection plan. A few weeks ago, the light on the center button stopped glowing when the tablet was being charged - I first thought it was the button itself, but it turns out that the charger had stopped working (this was confirmed by the green power light on the charger not glowing). So my mom called HSN, who instructed her to send the item back, along with proof of the protection plan. She made it clear to them that I did not want to return the tablet, as I've already loaded a few apps on there, as well as the Android MP exploit, and I didn' want to do all of that over again if they sent me a brand new tablet. They said they'd try to fix the charger, or send me a new one. Well, after a few week wait, my mom got a check in the mail today for $200+ from HSN. I guess that they couldn't fix the plug, and failed to realie that I still have the tablet at home. So while I/she got over on HSN, the bottom line is that I still need a wall charger. According to Coby's site, this tablet uses a DC 9V adapter - besides Radio Shack and their "build-a-charger", does nayone know where I can find one?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
My mom purchased an 8024 for me for by b-day a few months ago from HSN, along with their protection plan. A few weeks ago, the light on the center button stopped glowing when the tablet was being charged - I first thought it was the button itself, but it turns out that the charger had stopped working (this was confirmed by the green power light on the charger not glowing). So my mom called HSN, who instructed her to send the item back, along with proof of the protection plan. She made it clear to them that I did not want to return the tablet, as I've already loaded a few apps on there, as well as the Android MP exploit, and I didn' want to do all of that over again if they sent me a brand new tablet. They said they'd try to fix the charger, or send me a new one. Well, after a few week wait, my mom got a check in the mail today for $200+ from HSN. I guess that they couldn't fix the plug, and failed to realie that I still have the tablet at home. So while I/she got over on HSN, the bottom line is that I still need a wall charger. According to Coby's site, this tablet uses a DC 9V adapter - besides Radio Shack and their "build-a-charger", does nayone know where I can find one?

Ebay/amazon anywhere with cheap univeral chargers. They sell kits like you said with each interchangeable head. Even target has them

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
Try this. I thought I had read somewhere that the Kindle Gen1 charger worked on the 8024. I can't seem to locate that info ATM.

big_matt

Sep 9, 2011
I actually decided to go to Coby directly, and they are sending me a new cable for $6, shipped. If I was able to find the original receipt, they would've sent it for free!

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
I actually decided to go to Coby directly, and they are sending me a new cable for $6, shipped. If I was able to find the original receipt, they would've sent it for free!
That's great. It's good to know that Coby is giving that support. I'm still trying to decide whether to keep mine. Support is the big issue as the tablet has locked up 5 times in four weeks--including right out of the box. My husband seems to like it as he's coming from an old Sony (PRS505) reader. He says books are much easier to read on the 8024. When considering that the 8024 today is less than I paid for the reader about 3 years ago, it's not a bad deal.