Need a root solution for Mid7022

nadrojcote

Aug 7, 2011
Does anyone have the stock rom files for 7022 they would like to share, I installed cyanogen mod, but for some reason before doing so it would not let me create a backup. So I am stuck with cyanogen mod only.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
Positive outcome, your new LK rom works on 7022 , unbricked TS 100% now

very nice ! ty !

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Positive outcome, your new LK rom works on 7022 , unbricked TS 100% now

very nice ! ty !

thank you for your test & report. it will help 7022 users!

camera type and build date are written in build.prop on EM73, but it may be modified on COBY.
anyway, I'll treat 7022 as one of EM73 HY30 on my CM7 project.

thank you.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
thank you for your test & report. it will help 7022 users!

camera type and build date are written in build.prop on EM73, but it may be modified on COBY.
anyway, I'll treat 7022 as one of EM73 HY30 on my CM7 project.

thank you.

I can confirm, around 10% speed increase with this LK rom, i have 2 7022's , the new LK gives me 5100 in CM3 , 4800 with original, also wifi respons better

the only thing i need now is a nand.fai to restore my destroyed nand/sdcard

my sdcard folder does not hold any data, also its R/O after boot

i need a nand.fai with 6471680 sectors

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I can confirm, around 10% speed increase with this LK rom, i have 2 7022's , the new LK gives me 5100 in CM3 , 4800 with original, also wifi respons better

the only thing i need now is a nand.fai to restore my destroyed nand/sdcard

my sdcard folder does not hold any data, also its R/O after boot

i need a nand.fai with 6471680 sectors

you can make NAND data.fai yourself. please read FWDN howto here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
i'm new here and just recieved my 7022 today i spent the rest of the day trying to find a simple way to root with out changing recovery or anything i heard that gingerbreak and and superoneclick would not work. i decided to try superoneclick for myself just to see, low and behold it worked flawlessly. i have checked with root checker just to make sure and i am successively rooted. with just one click of the mouse, i have also rebooted three times just to make sure it isn't a temporary root.

heres the link to SuperOneClick V2.2
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.2 (now with zergRush and su 3.0) - xda-developers

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
i'm new here and just recieved my 7022 today i spent the rest of the day trying to find a simple way to root with out changing recovery or anything i heard that gingerbreak and and superoneclick would not work. i decided to try superoneclick for myself just to see, low and behold it worked flawlessly. i have checked with root checker just to make sure and i am successively rooted. with just one click of the mouse, i have also rebooted three times just to make sure it isn't a temporary root.

heres the link to SuperOneClick V2.2
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.2 (now with zergRush and su 3.0) - xda-developers

Interesting find thanks

mzung

Nov 10, 2011
I'm new to android and rooting, so some noob questions just to firm up what I've read. If I root my 7022, does that give me the ability to modify the files necessary to change my screen resolution and also to change the file lines needed to stop the tablet from looking for a phone signal? Other than that, I'm very happy with the speed of the tablet and the interface.

Can I, should I, use Clockwork to back up my root files or does that need to work with CyanogenMod7?

Has anyone else been successful with the SuperOneClick rooting method on the 7022? Reaper420, are you able to modify the files and did you loose any functions?

Seems the more I read, the less sure I am of what I knew I didn't know!

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I'm new to android and rooting, so some noob questions just to firm up what I've read. If I root my 7022, does that give me the ability to modify the files necessary to change my screen resolution and also to change the file lines needed to stop the tablet from looking for a phone signal? Other than that, I'm very happy with the speed of the tablet and the interface.

Can I, should I, use Clockwork to back up my root files or does that need to work with CyanogenMod7?

Has anyone else been successful with the SuperOneClick rooting method on the 7022? Reaper420, are you able to modify the files and did you loose any functions?

Rooting your device does give you rights to modify system files to change lcd density and disable phone features. You should install clockworkmod and create a backup from clockworkmod before rooting the device. Clockwork mod is not neccesary to root device but it is a precaution, if something goes wrong you have a way to return it to your current state. Cyanogenmod does not have anything to do with rooting the device. Superoneclick rooting has been successful on the 7022 but before installing it flash clockworkmod and create a backup.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011

at the moment everything works like it did out of the box,one strange thing i have come across is im not able to backup my recovery or install the clockwork recovery, but i have no clue if that has anything to do with the program i used to root

mzung

Nov 10, 2011
Thanks, trickbiker21! That firms up my thoughts and lets me know the direction to head. This tablet will be a great buy once I modify those file lines. Guess I just needed some clarification before I headed into new territory and you gave me that.

Also thanks reaper420 for your reply, it is good to know from a direct source that this is something that can work.